Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Group Interest for the Laser Interceptor!

PRICES for over 0 or MORE TOTAL PAID Participants (Limit 2 per person)
> LI Dual Price: $550
Retails $700.00 (Saving $150)
> LI Quad Price: $1000
Retails $1225.00 (Saving $225)
> LI Dual HP (High Power): $1100
Retails $1400.00 (Saving $300)
> LI Quad HP (High Power): $2000
Retails $2450.00 (Saving $450)

Free shipping to USA. $25 to Canada.

Please PM me your PayPal email address with the LI(s) you want and an invoice will be sent when it's a GB (or now). All shipping and money are handled through LI themselves! You don't have to specify the LI you want on this GI/GB, just your s/n.

This is for Group Interest (and hopefully Group Buy when 20+):
1.ktan91
2.Reggo
3.flightmedic
Information:
It's been over 2 years since the last GB and I feel like we need another for Laser Interceptor. Note: This thread is to not bash or say how amazing the LI is. You can make another or revive an old one :). It's just to get the ball rolling on another GB. Let the information and previous GB tell you information on it.

Aviator/Aviator79 hosted the last GB (which I participated in): http://forum.mazda6club.com/group-buys/206785-gb-laser-interceptor.html Thank you VERY MUCH AVIATOR!

Information on the LI: Laser Interceptor USA - Laser Jammer - Exclusive Factory Authorized Distributor to The USA and Canada - Product Info.
Radar Detector Tests and Reviews by Guys of LIDAR - LASER
radardetector.net
Laser Interceptor is a product that actively jams laser guns (not radar) which police use for speed. Also called LIDAR. I currently live in Georgia, where it is not illegal to use. Laser guns can give many error codes from sunlight, roads, trees etc and a jam from the LI would be the same. Police cannot tell you are jamming them unless you leave your LI on to their faces (Jam To Gun/JTG) which is BAD.

The previous GB CPU was v7 and it's currently v8 with the following improvements:
  • FREE, ONE CLICK, USER DOWNLOADABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES
    - NOW REQUIRES ONLY A SIMPLE USB TO SERIAL CABLE
  • IMPROVED PROCESSOR
  • INCREASED CPU MEMORY
    - 128 BIT
  • ENHANCED JAMMING WITH NEW VERSION 8.7 SENSORS
  • NEW SMALLER SLIM SENSORS NOW FOR BOTH FRONT AND REAR
  • BETTER RECEIVER ANGLE RECEPTION
  • BETTER RECEIVER SENSITIVITY
  • ENHANCED AGC (BETTER RECEPTION IN VARYING LIGHT CONDITIONS)
  • SHORTENED LIDAR GUN VOICE ALERTS (SIREN & GUN ID ONLY)
  • ENHANCED PARKING AID ACCURACY AND SENSITIVITY
  • IMPROVED LASER CRUISE CONTROL (INFINITI DCA) FILTERING - FEWER FALSES
  • ADDITION OF THREE EURO LIDARS
    - TRAFFIC OBSERVER LMS 06
    - VITRONIC POLISCANSPEED View YouTube Video
    - UNIPAR SL700 View YouTube Video
  • CZECH CAMEA SECTION CONTROL - TRAFFIC MONITORING SYSTEM ALERTS
  • NEW, MORE USER FRIENDLY COMMUNICATION SUITE
  • AVAILABLE OPTIONAL PA/JAM SWITCH FOR STATES AND PROVINCES WHERE JAMMERS ARE BANNED
  • CONSTANT JAM MODE (DEFAULT) AS WELL AS A USER SELECTABLE TIMED JAMMING CAPABILITIES
Some places are selling them online for cheaper but they are version 7 and come without a warranty. Cliff supplies us with a 2 year TRANSFERRABLE warranty!

I recently contacted Cliff(the USA/CA rep for LI, who has EXCELLENT Customer service) about volume/GB discount. Prices sure have gone up so the discounts are accordingly!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Which Laser Interceptor do I want?

When it comes to laser protection, there are basically 2 questions you need to ask yourself:
1. Do I need protection from rear LIDAR or drive a large frontal area vehicle?
2. Am I interested in the extra layer of protection associated with greater jamming power?

Do I want 2 heads or 4?

Each end of the car needs 2 heads to protect it, so if you are only concerned about driving into a LIDAR trap, then you should get a 2-head unit. The 2-head units are the ones that were used to obtain the test results you see on GOL.
If the Law Enforcement Officers (LEO's) in your area also shoot from the rear OR if you drive a vehicle with a large frontal area (large pickup truck, tractor-trailer, etc) then you should consider a 4-head unit to protect the front.

Note that ALL control modules are capable of controlling 4 heads, so should you decide on a 2-head unit now, you can always add 2 additional heads later (although the heads are the expensive part, so it will cost more to do so).

“Regular” or High Power?
If you are one of those folks who wants the best or appreciates an additional layer of security, then you should consider the purchase of a high power unit. These units cost more, but have a second diode and provide about 30% greater jamming power. In addition, the diodes are oriented with one horizontal and one vertical for better jamming effectiveness. These units are the equivalent of the prototypes originally tested by GOL that were able to JTG when used on a huge camper!
Stolen from other source. Shhhh

Quick summary: Big cars get Quad for the front.
Small cars get Dual for the front. (Such as MS6s. I'm doing this GB because I have more funds for Rear protection just in case)
Shiny small cars get Dual HP (Or if you just want to be extra careful)
Shine big cars get Quad HP (same as above)

Or you can mix and match and get Quad:
2 for front and 2 for rear
3 for front and 1 for rear

Or Quad front and Dual Rear
Or HP Dual front single/dual rear

etc..

Each controller can only have 4 heads max, so you must buy an additional unit for more than 4 heads!

I personally recommend dual front and dual rear for our cars for all around protection.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Some states it's illegal to have one.. if the officer suspects you have one (rarely a case if you're smart about it) there is a solution!

The Laser Interceptor is also a parking aid, and parking aids are legal everywhere.

For a small fee (about $30, and available through the GB if you'd like) there is an additional, dual position switch you can purchase that will enable you to set your LI to Park Mode whenever necessary (version 7 switches from park to jam mode after about 10 seconds). Park mode will prevent you from jamming the officers gun, and allows you to demonstrate to the LEO that the heads are simply to help you park.
Completely off topic, but my mind was blown: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2763036

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I would love one of these. Virginia doesn't allow it though. :(

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who's gonna find out? Now edit your post before Google bot finds it!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You would need a radar detector if cops use radar where you go!

It's a moderate install. You tap a 12V source. Drill a hole. Pop the switch in it. I did it to the right of my knee. Left of the shifter. Plug it in and ground it somewhere. I velcro'd the control board to a flat place behind the steering rod that goes through the firewall.

Pull the wires through the firewall tube. Just push the gromet aside with a screw driver and push!

Bolt/Glue the heads to the bottom of the center grill. and or dremel your bottom grill for locations..and then bolt/glue it down!

There are other options. if people would like to chime in.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did you do it? Any how did you pull off the last GB! No one wants one!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Haven't found many/any people complaining about the major Laser Jammers out there.... and a shit ton of people have bought them already. And I can vouch the LI(Me) and Blinder M25s/40s(2 other friends) works with over 100 saves total! and no tickets! I sure do get laser'd a lot.. and my friend's blacked out S60R..

Just read up about Laser Jammers in general! Why is a GI so hard for this.. o_O lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts