Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Would there be any interest in a fiberglass sub box how-to in this forum? I'm in the middle of my first layer right now and I've been taking pics along the way. I will post up everything - shopping list, photos, explicit directions, etc.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd be interested! do you have hatch or sedan?
the more details the better!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is an '03 sedan but the process is very similar for any car. That's the great thing about fiberglass - it's almost an art form, so the direction you take is totally up to you.

I'm building it for the passenger's side. It's a little chilly this morning for the resin to cure (58 degrees) so I'm gonna wait a little while before doing anything. But I started the writeup last night, and I might finish it over the next few days.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, good to hear some positive feedback. It's a slow process at the moment. I've got a lot on my table for the rest of the weekend, but look for the writeup possibly next week.

·
Registered
249 Posts
A fiberglass tutorial would be awesome.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Don't let the temperature keep you from working. If fact, cool is nice when working with fiberglass since you have to put on long sleeve shirts and pants. Just add a few more drops of hardener and your good.

This your first time FG'ing or something you do often?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First time. I'm not an expert by any means, but I have collected a LOT of information over the last few years. It's something I've intended to do for a long time but am just now getting a chance to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts