Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had fog lights on my Miata. Never once saw fog, but like 98% of fog light owners, ran them anyway so I could look cool with four lights on. :) (Plus ANYTHING that makes a Miata more visible to SUVs is a safety feature...)

So yesterday I'm driving back from NH and hit KILLER fog. For a couple of hours. And discovered the 6's standard headlights really stink in fog. I really could have used the extra visibility fogs would have afforded.

Okay, so ordering them from my dealer, I'm certain, would require me to pay the $253 retail plus a couple of hours labor for installation. I don't want them THAT bad. But I can get them from MazdaStuff.com for $180...

Anyone put this kit in themselves? Wondering how hard it would be for someone with minimal mechanical ability. (I'm not a total klutz -- I did replace the horn and center console on my Miata, and I've built many computers...) I know you have to replace the turn signal stalk to add the switch; not sure if all the wiring is there, or if it's a heavy project?

(If anyone HAS the kit and could scan the install instructions for me, that'd be awesome!)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Anyone installed the Mazda Fog Lights?'

I would be interested in this too, so if anyone has it, I could use a copy too. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Anyone installed the Mazda Fog Lights?'

Originally posted by atom44wat

ok that sentence does not make sense![/b]
It was a comment on DennyA's comment about the 6's factory headlights not working in the fog. Foglights are made to be installed low on the bumper to project under the fog, not in the headlamps like the 6. That makes them another set of headlights.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading Topic: Anyone installed the Mazda Fog Lights?

Dragon,

I'm asking about the add-on foglights for non-Sport Package Mazda 6 models, not the integrated fogs up next to the headlights. I don't have the integrated fogs.

The add-ons DO go down at the bottom of the front of the car, so they should function just as normal fog lights do.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Reading Topic: Anyone installed the Mazda Fog Lights?

To digress back to the integrated fogs, they do point much lower than the driving lights. If you have them, drive down a dimly lit road and then turn them on. You will see how much lower and wider of an area they cover, even though mounted in the main headlamp housing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts