Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planing to buy the DDE angel eyes from one of our sponsor......
if anyone is interested....maybe we can order it at once and save few bucks on shipping or possibly get free shipping??

thxthx~~

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
which one? the Raptor or the normal DDE?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I would wait on the new ones
hasn't been fully tested yet

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I was looking at the raptors......i like engine stuff...useless as t*ts on a bull for everything else....DDE means what?

I want HID that are purplish like on BMW's, and Acura's....

·
Registered
255 Posts
i just got mine done yesterday...its the old one...it looks awdsome sweet~~!!!!!! but i have no idea about the new one..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i also wondering which one is better....but the new raptor one seems brighter....and bigger in dimension as well.....dunno how it would look like when itz off though.....

=PGRST=Derrick.....post picture when u got it installed man....

·
Registered
255 Posts
in short just call me Derrick :p

well the DDE is on...but theres a problem we got last night...only one side of the DDE will lights up not the other one..... i will post a pic later on when it gets darker

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
the DDE are fully functional on mine
no problems...
the bigger rings would look better IMO, I would go for it once it's fully tested

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know the new ones looks good when itz on....but with itz bigger rings....i dunno how it would look like when itz off......

anywayz...looking forward to see ur DDE with HIds..derrick :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
255 Posts
dont get too excited man....like i said...its only one side....

but still~~~~ its AWDSOME SWEET~~~~~!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
i would say that... compare the raptors to bmw's angel eyes, and you'll see that the diff is only that bmw's angel eyes would be almost a complete circle, where the raptors not really a complete circle...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Raptors :

VS

BMW's X5 OEM Angel eyes:

·
Registered
255 Posts
k the old, thin DDE are here.... and other pic (HID...etc) i posted in the "HID install" post~!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow....the BMW ring is Soooo big.....lol
thx for posting the picture though.......

btw....the GB that RPM and PRacing are holding on DDE
they claim to be the same just one with harness....
do we really need it?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
the pic i put out was for X5's angel eyes, which is much bigger than ours..... if i were to show 5-series's angel eyes, that would be almost similar to our high beam's dimension...

i was just showing that pic for comparison betweeen output and looks...

wiring harness using the DDE huh... now this is an interesting topic... cz i've seen the old DDE w/ or w/out the harness and i've installed 1 of them w/out the harness and they seems to work find up tilll now... ..

so i dont know about the raptors... i m assuming that they r using the same output and everything, but i dont know for sure how much ampere they'r using for the ballast...... cz they'r no writing on the old DDE ballast about the ampere....

they are using the same technology except that the raptors has better tech than the old DDE that they use acrylic and "scratch" thm to give better output than the old DDE....and also, they put their DDE inside the acrylic and reflective stickers so that they put more output than the old DDE....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
8 Participants
6 Pack
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing