Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here noticed that this car seems to be a bane for vandalism or pranks? So far I hace experienced three incidents while parked in local parking lots, either at Walmart or the local supermarket.

Once, I found a wad of chewed gum smeared along the side.

Another time someone poured two ketchup packets from McDonald's along the bottom of the driver's side window so when I put the window down, the ketchup went down into the door and smeared the entire window and took weeks to finally get totally cleaned out.

Now a couple of days ago I found a piece of chewed gum on the trunk.

This is ridiculous. I don't know if it's the color (Velocity Red Mica) or the rarity of the car around here (I have seen 2 in 5 months), but these idiots seem to have nothing better to do. I don't bother anyone else's car and in fact I enjoy looking and admiring at other cars, never feeling jealous. I bought the speed for performance mostly, but also for looks.

What the hell motivates these idiots?

·
Registered
851 Posts
seems to be going around nationwide this week. we had about 10cars last night vandalized locally. and about 20-40 vandalized in springfield over the weekend.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Velocity Red Mica here. Nothing yet :angel: , but if it does happen.....I will kill the person :biggun: or take thier lunch money away :chairshot:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
beware the green eye of jealousy.....

that's what it boils down to dude

·
Registered
814 Posts
its a shame, but people seem to be totally uncaring when it comes to the cars of others. I am completely paranoid lately, and I don't even have a 'speed. It sucks dude...but dare I say it...its better than being keyed. I would never do anything like that to any car I thought was 'great' in some way. I guess thats the way I was brought up, nowadays people seem so spiteful. Case in point...the other day I walk upi to someone standing in front of my car lookign at my fogs...wouldn't you know the exact colored 6 parked next to me belongs to him. I say nice car all chipper-like, he looks down (as if he didn't want me to know he was sweatin my ride) and walks away. Thats the same kind of person throwing ketchup on someones window. :irate:

·
Registered
76 Posts
only sort of vandalism here was people scraping military base stickers off my windshield--and to those in the military: no it did not happen on base, it was where i live out in town.

·
Registered
940 Posts
consider yourself lucky with the gum and ketchup prank. I get a fresh paint job and get keyed 3 weeks later. I love it.
[/b]
No vandalism here, but the other night a STI was really being annoying - he would go slow when I got behind him on the highway, but when I would try to go around, he would speed up to keep me from passing. I finally just slowed down a couple mph below the speed limit and let him go annoy someone else. Its not like I was doing anything crazy or anything, but I guess he saw the word mazdaspeed and decided to antagonize me - funny thing - I still remember his license plate # 720-WNG (maybe the memory is sticking with me because of the giant WING on the back of it) ;)

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
No vandalism here, but the other night a STI was really being annoying - he would go slow when I got behind him on the highway, but when I would try to go around, he would speed up to keep me from passing. I finally just slowed down a couple mph below the speed limit and let him go annoy someone else. Its not like I was doing anything crazy or anything, but I guess he saw the word mazdaspeed and decided to antagonize me - funny thing - I still remember his license plate # 720-WNG (maybe the memory is sticking with me because of the giant WING on the back of it) ;)
[/b]
You got bitched by a STI?....you have a mazdaspeed dude you should have simply waxed teh dust off his ass.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
You got bitched by a STI?....you have a mazdaspeed dude you should have simply waxed teh dust off his ass.
[/b]
Reality, a Mazdaspeed is going to "dust" an STI on the highway... a good race maybe, but there will be no dusting, or mentioning of street racing on the forum...

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Reality, a Mazdaspeed is going to "dust" an STI on the highway... a good race maybe, but there will be no dusting, or mentioning of street racing on the forum...
[/b]
yeah true...I understand, Just saying that guy behind the STI was simply a jerk...and deserved to be humbled

·
Registered
184 Posts
I dont dont know if it was ALL on purpose. Even though I shop there all the time, places like walmart tend to attract low lives and hicks. The same thing has happened to me before.

I was sitting in my car waiting on my sister and there were 2 women in the car next to me and little girls in the back seat - the kids threw their gum out the window and guess where a peace landed....

Right on my car!!!! Then...

The women in the front seat are eating fries and carelessly drop a ketchup packet on the ground, drive away, run over the packet and guess where it hits...

My car!!!!!

I wanted to yell at them a bit, but then they were gone...

Then another time at wal-mart, i was again sitting in my car when a little girl opened up the door and hit my car!!! It didnt hurt it, put a small hairline scratch that came out thankfully but I told the parents about it!

Moral of the story...

Park far away from people as possible.

·
Registered
856 Posts
[/b]
I catch shit from my buddies all the time for doing this. But still no dings or scratches in almost a year.

Tow truck scraped my tips and bumper on the ground hard.
Drunk girl hit and run at Whataburger dents my bumper. Called cops, they pulled her over for running 2 red lights and brought her back. Her insurance was invalid for that day! :banghead:

Not really a prank or intentional vandalism, just thought i'd throw some in.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Moral of the story...

[/b]
no matter how far away you park. so asshat in a peice of...ford pinto will park next to you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nothing done to mine... yet. However, I have had to encourage some people to not hang around the car. I try to keep it in the garage when not at work or out, but then again, there are times I have to work on the Miata and the Speed gets the boot from the garage.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
It happens no matter what kind of car you have. There are people that just wanna be jerks.. or just misbehaving kids. My 6S parked on the street I had some F*@!# smash my tail light a couple months ago. two weeks later someone smashed my driver side mirror. My Cavalier (blargggh!) I had before that, I had it broken into and or vandalized 3-times one summer :swearin:

To paraphrase one of my favorite lines from Pulp Fiction, when John Travolta says "You just don't mess with another man's car!"

1 - 20 of 56 Posts