Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently there is a new standard for fuels containing detergents insuring less carbon build up in combustion chambers as well as on valves. I'm not sure if this means the fuels listed will be of better quality as far as octane and clean burn. Check out this link http://www.toptiergas.com/why.html I have none of the listed brands in my local town. I've filled up every time at Exxon. The other brands are those "cheap" ones like Sheetz, Kangaroo, Citgo, and Hess. We do have two Amocos, but they're more expensive. I remember Amoco being very highly rated back in the early to mid 90's.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use 76 they're top tier and everywhere and phillips conoco owns em' if anyone has that company brand in their reigon, I think they have a speed runner bird brand to not sure though.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah I've heard of Top Tier fuels. I get stuck reading about how highly rated it is whenever I fill up with Chevron with techron gas. I would use it more often, but it's the most expensive gas around.

·
Registered
259 Posts
You know that website is owned by a marketing company right?

Isnt the intarweb fun...

Basicly you pay the marketing company and they put your "top tier fuel" on the website.

In reality all gas is the same and comes from shared pipelines where they reach distribution stations and companies add thier own additives.

Thats the way the energy infrastructure works.

Now the breakdown...

A quick who s search reveals that the website is owned by National Products Group... which is most likely a drone company name to hid the true identity.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/resu...sp?whoistoken=0

A google search indicates that the phone number and address is the number to quicktrip convenince stores...

I want to make a bet that the company has a vested intrest in the gas companies listed...

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
You know that website is owned by a marketing company right?

Isnt the intarweb fun...

Basicly you pay the marketing company and they put your "top tier fuel" on the website.

In reality all gas is the same and comes from shared pipelines where they reach distribution stations and companies add thier own additives.

Thats the way the energy infrastructure works.

Now the breakdown...

A quick who s search reveals that the website is owned by National Products Group... which is most likely a drone company name to hid the true identity.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/resu...sp?whoistoken=0

A google search indicates that the phone number and address is the number to quicktrip convenince stores...

I want to make a bet that the company has a vested intrest in the gas companies listed...
[/b]
Not exactly. Read up on Top Tier fuels at bobistheoilguy.com.

IMHO

non Top Tier fuel < Top Tier fuel < non Top Tier fuel + FP60 < Top Tier fuel + FP60 (which might be overkill but I'm still evaluating).

·
Registered
259 Posts
Not exactly. Read up on Top Tier fuels at bobistheoilguy.com.

IMHO

non Top Tier fuel < Top Tier fuel < non Top Tier fuel + FP60 < Top Tier fuel + FP60 (which might be overkill but I'm still evaluating).
[/b]
perhaps... but i am still a little bit suspicious that a "top tier website" is owned by a company that has nothing to do with the testing of oil and alot to do with the selling of oil.

Just cause you found it on the internet dosent mean that its true... IMHO.

·
Registered
59 Posts
it restores my faith in humanity that bob is willing to do all of this out of only the kindness of his heart and his love of internal combustion.

*sigh*

i don't know bob personally - he may be a real standup guy. but oil ads on an independant lube testing site? c'mon.

guess i wont poopoo it too much - it's a good place to start if you're THAT concerned.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
i don't know bob personally - he may be a real standup guy. but oil ads on an independant lube testing site? c'mon.
[/b]
And yet the site manages to put forward unbiased discussions on its forums from tribologists and scientists despite the ads. Lets be realistic. Bob has to do something to support the site especially with everyone consulting the forums on that site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts