Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife has an 05 Mazda 6 that needed an alignment so i dropped it off at a chain tire shop here in St. Cloud Minnesota and I get a call back saying I need the frame straightened. The guy says my left front and right rear are bent and need to be straightened and they can't do the alignment. Car has never been in an accident before and has been aligned by a Mazda dealer before. Wouldn't I see increased and f'ed up tire wear if my frame was bent??

This is the second time this has happened, last time I went to Tires Plus and the guy there said they couldn't align it because they needed a special tool that only Mazda had. So back to the dealer I go. The whole "frame needing straightening" kind of pissed me off though.:mad:

Anyone have any similar experiences?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I've never had an issue. I would suggest taking it to somebody who has got their head screwed on straight next time.

I find it funny that our "frame" needs straightening, considering that our car chassis is a unibody with front and rear subframes, lol. The idea behind an alignment is partially to correct for the fact that you cannot align the subframes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts