Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right rear corner of my 6 makes a thunk over some bumps (but not the left side). It almost sounds like some of my old cars when the shock rubber or sway bar end rubber has gone. Has anyone else had this? If so, what might it be? I need to crawl under and have a look, but thought I'd post to see if anyone else has gone through this first.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not since you're on a newer 6, but it sounds an awful lot like a loose endlink. Do you drive your car hard?
It had 40K miles on it when I bought it a month ago and I don't know how it was driven. Which link is this? The trailing link or the lateral link?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The right rear corner of my 6 makes a thunk over some bumps (but not the left side). It almost sounds like some of my old cars when the shock rubber or sway bar end rubber has gone. Has anyone else had this? If so, what might it be? I need to crawl under and have a look, but thought I'd post to see if anyone else has gone through this first.
Hey, take a glance on the jack (in your trunk right corner). It may went loose.
(just in case: I have never had something like this)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Hey, take a glance on the jack (in your trunk right corner). It may went loose.
(just in case: I have never had something like this)
+1 this could make some annoying noises also.

The end links tie the sway bars to the ends of the suspension. They're one of the weakest links on the 03-08 Mazda6's and it wouldn't surprise me if they were also weak links on the 09+ models, although, I haven't heard about anyone having issues with them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all the suggestions. I will get under it and once I find out what the issue is will post the answer (not this weekend - I'm tied up doing an internship for my PhD).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts