Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have mine on order......got it as a gift when i brought the car.........but why does it cost soo much for just a grill???

·
Registered
256 Posts
Reading Topic: anyone have the sport grill????

I didn't think it was that expensive, or maybe I was looking at the wrong part on the price list... You should be able to get the dealer to give you a credit for your existing grill. That or sell it to someone who broke theirs.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

dealer told me it was like $400+ cdn for just the grill not painted

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'anyone have the sport grill????'

huh....holy crap r u sure? i would go get it at the mazda south website..i think retail is 250 without tax

but when u order the grill there are different part no. for it obviously for the colors so i see no reason why it has to be painted

hmm i took a look at the box the grille came in and it seems they got it from mazda japan thought it would be from michigan

when i get a invoice for it i post up the price

·
Registered
837 Posts

Your dealer is ripping you off. If you purchase the car from him, he should help you out and get you a good deal. I got mine for $200 painted. They all come painted already. You just need to order it in the colour of your car. It is easy to install. Don't bother having the dealer do it for you. All you need is a Philip screwdriver and 5 minutes of your time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

that's good that i'm getting it for free.......

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

okay i got my invoice

LIst price $259.95
i pay 220.96 using my dad's order wit taxes comes to 253.00 without pst though

·
Registered
721 Posts

Uhmm.... Ichi,
Can I get a deal like that? I want sports grille and gas cover (satin) one..

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

me too. me too. Not to mention that ndy4eva and mine are the same color. :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

lol....i will have to ask my dad to see if he wants to do it first

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

pleeeeease....... we will install it ourself.
Maybe we should start a group buy of the sports grill. :D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

yea...i don't know if i can get them to buy it for you at their price...or if the company is interested..i ask..in fact i beg :)

maybe we should have a sports grille installation meet LOL :D :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'anyone have the sport grill????'

I just got my car back this morning. My friend painted the mustache and the rear mazda logo to body colour. I must say I love it, an alternative look besides the stock grille and the sports grille.

I also blacked out the mazda logo in front, so it goes with the 'dark' look of the car, I will post pics in the pictures/video section when I have time to take them.

And even though I don't have a sports grille, I'm still interested in showing up to the installation meet. :)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Originally posted by CoolGrey6

I just got my car back this morning.  My friend painted the mustache and the rear mazda logo to body colour.  I must say I love it, an alternative look besides the stock grille and the sports grille.  

I also blacked out the mazda logo in front, so it goes with the 'dark' look of the car, I will post pics in the pictures/video section when I have time to take them.  

And even though I don't have a sports grille, I'm still interested in showing up to the installation meet. :)[/b]
I blacked out my front mazda emblem as well. The only difference is on a sporty grill. For pics, check out my cardomain.com webpage.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'anyone have the sport grill????'

Sounds good. Ichi, let's have the sports grill installation meet. Please check it out for us. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts