Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
I have noticed that everyone here who has lowered their car has different wheels. I am interested in seeing what the different drops would look like on the oem speed6 wheels and which type spring you used. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
795 Posts
heres a couple pics i took a while back before i got my wheels. lowered on tein s.techs v6 springs... hope this what you were looking for

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
pretty damn sexy.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much guys!
ATL, which kinda of springs do you have? do you scrap on driveways and stuff? and where did you get your clear sidemarkers?

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
S Tein's and yeah. Have to take it easy going into steep driveways. Front bumper always hit. Going with some HKS Coil's soon. As for the sidemarkers. I don't know where you can get them now. I had these since 2003.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Damn whitewater pearl is giving me a hard on.....

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Nic, I was just wondering the same thing. The drop with the OEM wheels look good. Thanks for asking Nic and thanks guys for posting the pics. Your cars look great.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Damn whitewater pearl is giving me a hard on..... [/b]
so is your avatar

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Damn whitewater pearl is giving me a hard on.....
[/b]
Thats the color I wanted but i wasnt trying to pay $1100 for the dealer near me to have one trailered here from NJ. The rebates and savings I got will suffice and i'll live kindly with my silver.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thats the color I wanted but i wasnt trying to pay $1100 for the dealer near me to have one trailered here from NJ. The rebates and savings I got will suffice and i'll live kindly with my silver.
[/b]
I really wanted that color too until I saw how much color difference there is between the metal and plastic painted parts. (bumper to fenders). Cant go wrong with black though. A drop actually makes the stock wheels look halfway decent.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm getting my Black on Black MS6 tomorrow and that looks perfect. Does anyone know how low thats dropped with those springs?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks like a 2 and half to 3 inch drop. Pretty low drop, I like it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
How much of a drop is that?
[/b]
as far as i can remember it was like 2in drop. but the weight of the ms6 lowered about another 1/2". it looks great lowered that low but you gotta watch them driveways. i've scraped the front lip a few times when i had them on. i do miss the look of that DROP but not the hassle of being so low...
heres another pic...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I really do love the look of the car dropped, but I don't think I could allow myself to drop it that much. It's my daily driver and I don't think I could stand the hassle of trying not to scrape over everything. I used to drive a 350Z and my brother's Evo (with C-West kit) and I hated having to worry about scraping. And they weren't even lowered!

·
Registered
795 Posts
I really do love the look of the car dropped, but I don't think I could allow myself to drop it that much. It's my daily driver and I don't think I could stand the hassle of trying not to scrape over everything. I used to drive a 350Z and my brother's Evo (with C-West kit) and I hated having to worry about scraping. And they weren't even lowered!
[/b]
exactly!!! i had it that low only for about 2 months. i purchased the autoexe springs on the first group buy and i love the ride stiffness, comfort and i dont have to worry about the scraping... :nana:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anyone here lower the car on the factory Mazdaspeed Spring set? And on stock wheels? I'm considering this for my first spring time mod. Any impressions? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts