Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently ordered a set of Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero tires (215/45/18) and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Any impressions?

On a side note, I got them from Discount Tire locally for $729 that includes shipping, mounting & balancing. With shipping off of tire rack they would have been $645 ($149 a tire plus shipping) and was quoted $89 for mounting and balancing from Discount Tire. It should have been more with tax ordering them locally from Discount Tire, but when I pointed that out to them, and told them I would order myself and bring them in, they cut the mounting & balancing down to the point where it was cheaper to order through them ($729 vs $734). Only saved $5 but it's also more convenient for me to have them shipped there instead of my address, so it worked out pretty well.

I'm planning on picking up a set of stock RX-8 wheels in the spring to put my OEM tires on. If no one has posted a MS6 review of these tires on here (as I haven't found one), I'll be sure to give one as soon as they get here and we have a couple decent snows.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered the same tires from Tirerack, but apparently they've been pushed back twice and aren't supposed to be in until the end of the month now. I've looked throughout the internet and have seen pretty good reviews of the tires (mostly from international sites), but since the tire is relatively new it's hard to find any US opinions.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was thinking about getting these also. Up here in Canada the cheapest I've found them locally is $249 ea. canadian. I've found the Blizzaks for $280. So I decided to go with the Blizzaks based on the good reviews.

·
Registered
176 Posts
A plea to the Mods: Please leave the MS6 tire and wheel threads in the MS6 section. Not that we are a bunch of snobs, but the cars and their wheel/tire requirements are very different. The suspension and the brake calipers affect compatibility in ways that differ from the 6s and 6i. I traded a 6i for my MS6 and was happy to find unique informtion on this car and its issues. When this info in all mixed in with the regular Mazda 6 wheel and tire forum, it is hard to distinguish which car is being discussed and whether the information is universal. Don't know whether others agree, but this is just my personal view. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts