Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for some but didn't find any good ones straight from the side. I want to see how well 50% in the front and 35% in the back blends in. I will be tinting my 6 tommorrow, long overdue. Thanks.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I searched for some but didn't find any good ones straight from the side. I want to see how well 50% in the front and 35% in the back blends in. I will be tinting my 6 tommorrow, long overdue. Thanks.
[/b]
50% in the front? i'm assuming you mean sides, and 50% would be too light for the side tint IMO.

I have 35% on sides and 20% or rear, and i think i should have gone darker on the sides, maybe 20% as well.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I suggest you go with 35% on the sides front & rear .... with the sunshine coming in the front untinted windshield it will make the fronts look somewhat lighter ...... but otherwise on a cloudy day they should look even , unlike 50/35 which will look always 50/35 or worst on a sunny day ; like 75/50 .

I have 35% front/rear on sides and 5% on rear windshield , check pics here http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=50426

·
Registered
412 Posts
Most likely he's going 50 in the front for some law (some states have different rules for the front side windows than the back side windows on a four door).

I have 20% all the way around, and Maryland law is 35% max so technically it is illegal. A cop was at the tinting place when I got it done and did not complain. From cops I've talked to (in maryland at least) as long as I follow the rules I won't get written up.

- when a cop walks up to the car, windows are rolled down so he can see in. The main reason tinting is against the law is they can't tell if someone is sitting in the back seat with a gun.
- don't be an ass to the cops and make them want to find something to write you up for. They will find it if they look hard enough.

BUT, back to the original question at hand, does 50/35 blend together, the answer is yes. They are both a light enough tint that, at first glance, you can barely tell them apart. A friend of mine has this on his car, and they blend together quite nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Sullosar
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing