Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have poked around and only seem to see this done to red tails. Want to do it this weekend but I want to have some kind of reference as to what it will look like. I have a 06 Lapis non sport. Also want to Niteshade the rear M. Will do the front when I order the sport grille cuz that stock crome one is just hinky.

·
Registered
649 Posts
You could always go on a nitshading binge and do the mustache also (depending on your color it can look cool)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have poked around and only seem to see this done to red tails. Want to do it this weekend but I want to have some kind of reference as to what it will look like. I have a 06 Lapis non sport. Also want to Niteshade the rear M. Will do the front when I order the sport grille cuz that stock crome one is just hinky.
[/b]
If you can make it to the Corksport event tomorrow (Saturday, 9/2) in Vancouver, you'll see several niteshaded tails (don't think anyone has done the 06 tails yet) and a couple of niteshaded rear emblems (zzzzoom6 has done it).

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
[/b]
i've got pictures of my car with clear euro's tinted with niteshades. Hold on while i look for some...

i have a lapis too.

EDIT: found a pic. And i added a little movie with a nice shot of the tails. The video was done a WHILE back right after we installed the cpe headers.

movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ciyRjcbEvA

PS - if you want more pics i have a few more...just let me know.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can make it to the Corksport event tomorrow (Saturday, 9/2) in Vancouver, you'll see several niteshaded tails (don't think anyone has done the 06 tails yet) and a couple of niteshaded rear emblems (zzzzoom6 has done it).
[/b]
What time and where is this happening? I can probably make it out there if it is early enough. Thanks for the heads up STSCS!

Baby Blue - Liking the sound of the exhaust on your car. Any problems with the 50 on the fully tinted tails?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
no po po encounters at all.

have had them tinted since april or so. So i got through the whole summer without any issues.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any pics with no tint around the bulbs? I really like the full tint of Baby Blues 6 but want to see how it looks with circles.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
STSCS - Found the Corksport event info in the dealer section. Should have looked before asking but hey, anyone can do that.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i did niteshade the rear emblem, but I think I botched it cuz it came out too dark. I was hoping for more of a black chrome look (which I was able to get when I was practicing with some of the badges I removed), but they turned out more of a flat black. I want to reorder another emblem so I can redo it. As far as niteshades over clear, I used niteshades over the clear sides I got (which are yet to be installed...too dang busy) and they turned out pretty good, I think. Anyway, I'll bring them to corksport if you'd like a closer look.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did niteshade the rear emblem, but I think I botched it cuz it came out too dark. I was hoping for more of a black chrome look (which I was able to get when I was practicing with some of the badges I removed), but they turned out more of a flat black. I want to reorder another emblem so I can redo it. As far as niteshades over clear, I used niteshades over the clear sides I got (which are yet to be installed...too dang busy) and they turned out pretty good, I think. Anyway, I'll bring them to corksport if you'd like a closer look.
[/b]
Yeah, wouldn't mind checking them out. I am pretty sure I can make the morning part of the event. Glad I posted here today or I would have never known about it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did it to my 06 when I bought the car this past January. Here's the result .....

I know it's not a Lapis ...

A pic to show that it is the 06 (besides those hubcaps :p ) ...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
azbenze600 - Damn, that looks good. You got the tint exactly how I thought it would look on the clears, kinda like the black chrome look, you can see through it to the chrome. :yesnod: I bought the Nite shades on my way home from Baxter Auto and for good measure tried out putting this stuff on the mazda 6 emblem I had, de-badged. Gonna do the tails and the flying M's this weekend. Also, when I got home from work I decided it was time for the door-guards to go. 10 minutes total to do all four doors. No adhesive stuck at all :nana: , wish debadging was this easy.

BTW - my car is still rockin the hubcaps, its Ghetto Fabulous LOL.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Haha, hub caps represent! Good luck with your tint. The taping up part took the longest, but of course, was the most essential. Other than that, it was just spray here, spray there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts