Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I bought a Classic model and really want a sunroof, but mazda dont offer it as an option unless you go for the luxury model. Everyone is telling me not to go aftermarket and cut a hole in my roof. Are they really that bad or should I go for it. I was thinking of getting a spoiler sunroof, the one where the glass slides back over the roof, not in it. Any advice would be helpful, Thanks.
Hum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reading Topic: Anyone have a aftermarket sunroof fitted to there 6

a friend of mine installed a sunroof less than a year ago on a Nissan 200SX and the company did an excellent job. this was the website www.webasto.com.au/main/fs_sunroofs.htm
he got the Stratos 300 and was very nice. professionally done. cost $1700

he said to do it during winter when there is not much cars being done so the price will be lower than in summer when there will be heaps of cars to do.

im gettting a Black Mazda classic hatch in April and deciding on whether to get the Stratos 300 or 700

·
Registered
124 Posts
Reading Topic: Anyone have a aftermarket sunroof fitted to there 6

Sorry I never looked at this question before...

I had a Stratos 700 fitted to my Classic Wagon that I took delivery of just before Christmas. Since then I have also bought a Luxury Sports Hatch with the sunroof factory fitted.
As a comparison, the Stratos is stacks better than the factory roof. It is a bigger hole, the roof automatically closes when you turn the car off (unless you press any of the buttons within 3 seconds); and you still keep the velour headlining. The down side... the buttons glow greeny yellow at night instead of the red of the dash.
Go to http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...&tree=Mazda%206 at the bottom, there are a couple of photos of my sunroof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts