Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to see how everyone's experience with their 6 has been and if they've incurred any problems with this being the cars first year. So far, after 10k miles I've had my shift knob replaced (chrome finish on top started wearing off from constant rubbing I guess); the silver/aluminum plastic piece that surrounds the shifter (something dripped on it and when I wiped it off the paint came off) and I've had to have my front rotors turned down and brake pads sanded because they were making a mild squeal/squeak when slowing down. Other than that, I've had both 5k and 10k mile services done by Mazda and also 2 oil changes by them. Oh, by the way, does anyone elses dealership offer free lifetime oil changes?

Kyle

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reading Topic: Anyone had their 6 back for service/warranty work yet?

I've also had to have my windshield replaced. Damn those flying rocks on the highway :mad:

·
Registered
341 Posts

My passenger airbag came from the factory not working. They've got the part ordered, doing the service on Monday.

Plus I'm going to get them to look at the alignment while it's there. I just took my first road trip this weekend and it seems to be pulling a wee bit to the right.

Other than that, the car is awesome.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Anyone had their 6 back for service/warranty work yet?'

i guess i should suspect mine to have problems since everyone elses does. :(

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Originally posted by Se7en

i guess i should suspect mine to have problems since everyone elses does. :([/b]
Problems are few and far between. At least you don't own a Volkswagen. Everybody I know that has a (new) Volkswagen has something strange wrong with their car.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

every car has problems, even the most expensive. I work at Jaguar and those damn things break down every day. There are at least 3 towed in every day. In fact, the other day I was driving a 3.0 X Type that had 186 miles on it. Coming back to the dealership the damn throw-out bearing went bad!

·
Registered
146 Posts

Free oil changes at the dealer? Damn! I should have asked for that. Is that a Mazda thing? or purely a dealer decision?

·
Registered
498 Posts

Originally posted by 1sexy6

Just wanting to see how everyone's experience with their 6 has been and if they've incurred any problems with this being the cars first year.[/b]
I've had no problems with mine so far; just turned over 1700 miles today. The only thing I had to go back for was, when I had the windows tinted, the tinting place noticed a square scratch on the left rear window. They said they see that a lot -- apparently, someone at the dealer used a knife (!!) to cut out the window sticker, and scratched up the glass. My dealer got the glass replaced for me, though, and I got the last window tinted. My car also didn't have floor mats right away; those came in at the same time as my replacement glass.

Other than that, I have, so far, not had any mechanical or cosmetic problems.

Oh, by the way, does anyone elses dealership offer free lifetime oil changes?[/b]
Free oil changes for life? That would be great! My dealer said Mazda was going to send me a survey, and when I got that and brought it back to the dealer, they'd give me free scheduled maintenance for a year. So far I haven't gotten the survey, though.

·
Registered
895 Posts

Whoever put the inspection sticker on my car put it on crooked and half-assed looking. Kind of sucks. : /

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

I've had to replace my shift knob and get a software update for my ECU. While they were doing the update the dealership noticed a problem with my starter I hadn't even noticed. so they replaced that....other than that been problem free.

·
Registered
895 Posts

oh, and the molding on my rear window was kind of dimpled looking. Took the dealer about 20 seconds to fix that. :D

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Just wanting to see how everyone's experience with their 6 has been and if they've incurred any problems with this being the cars first year.  So far, after 10k miles I've had my shift knob replaced (chrome finish on top started wearing off from constant rubbing I guess); the silver/aluminum plastic piece that surrounds the shifter (something dripped on it and when I wiped it off the paint came off) and I've had to have my front rotors turned down and brake pads sanded because they were making a mild squeal/squeak when slowing down.  Other than that, I've had both 5k and 10k mile services done by Mazda and also 2 oil changes by them.  Oh, by the way, does anyone elses dealership offer free lifetime oil changes?

Kyle[/b]
Hmm, I surprised the brakes didn't last longer than that. Rotors should go more than 10K miles easy without needing to be turned down.

1100 miles and nothing yet! (knock on wood)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Brillo, what was wrong with your shift knob? Was the chrom rubbing off of the top like mine? It seems on the new shift knob they've re-thought the design. The chrome plastic piece is a little more dull and the leather, instead of being glossy black is now a soft, more light colored black...looks like the shift boot.

It's good to see that no one has had any real big problems with the 6!

So I guess it must be my dealership that offers the free lifetime oil changes :) Woo Hoo!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Brillo, what was wrong with your shift knob?  Was the chrom rubbing off of the top like mine?  It seems on the new shift knob they've re-thought the design.  The chrome plastic piece is a little more dull and the leather, instead of being glossy black is now a soft, more light colored black...looks like the shift boot.

It's good to see that no one has had any real big problems with the 6!

So I guess it must be my dealership that offers the free lifetime oil changes :)  Woo Hoo![/b]
Yep, the chrome part was rubbing off, didn't have any problems with the leather on the shifter, but my interior is tan.

·
Registered
238 Posts

3000 miles and no major mechanical problems. Just when I pick up my 6 the third brake light was not connected and that dam vacuum line problem set off the CEL. Most recently my cd changer died, new one ordered. But I have no complaints. I love my 6.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Originally posted by Arcanlaw

Whoever put the inspection sticker on my car put it on crooked and half-assed looking.  Kind of sucks.  : /[/b]
That's not too hard to take off and put back on right if you're careful not to rip it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Originally posted by SDSilver6

Free oil changes for life?  That would be great!  My dealer said Mazda was going to send me a survey, and when I got that and brought it back to the dealer, they'd give me free scheduled maintenance for a year.  So far I haven't gotten the survey, though.[/b]
You'll get the survey in a little while. They want you to return it to them (as opposed to mailing it to Mazda) so they can make sure you selected the right answers.

·
Registered
895 Posts

Originally posted by moocat

Whoever put the inspection sticker on my car put it on crooked and half-assed looking.  Kind of sucks.  : /[/b]
That's not too hard to take off and put back on right if you're careful not to rip it.
[/b][/quote]

yeah? with just a regular razor? I'll have to try that today.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Originally posted by moocat

[/b][/quote]

yeah? with just a regular razor? I'll have to try that today.[/b][/quote]

wait a sec.. do you have the computer generated sticker or the real sticker? I was talking about the computer generated ones, they're easy to take off. The actual stickers (with the barcode) can't be taken off and put back on.

If you want, you can always go back to the dealer and get another one. They have procedures in place for replacing them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts