Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning to get it once i get the car......anyone got it done......was it hard????where u put the housing????

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: anyone got hids install yet????

I want to but I am still waiting to see if DRL (Daytime Running Lights) can be disable. HID do not like DRL, especially the one on the M6 since it uses the same low beam bulb but only supply half power to it. HID needs the full power to charge up. Once it charge up then it is a steady power.

Kincaid found that DRL is disabled if the eBrake are enabled. He was thinking about grounding the sensor wire in the eBrake to trick the system in thinking that the eBrakes are enabled. However, the bad thing about this is that you will be driving around with the '!' eBrake light on the dash all the time.

I am still waiting to see if the dealers know how to disable it before I order an HID kit.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

The DRL's use 40% power from the lowbeams.

I'm not doing it at the moment. I was doing it for barter and decided to take the $1400 at the moment.

The ! sign on the dash is on the same wire. Ground out the wire before the sign and it won't be on all the time. Only thing is that when your handbrake is on the sign still won't come on. Hopefully you arent dumb enough to drive around with that on. Hard to reach the shifter with that handle up anyways.

This is the ONLY way to disable DRL's. The other way is to remove the system all together which requires you to order the Headlight Module Assembly from the US. Cost you a bundle. As well Mazda will not swap them for you as it is illegal in the first place.

I still say my way, out of the two, is better :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

sooo it's hard to disable the DRL??

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

Well, what about just remove the DRL bulb?

I though HID questions can be found from Liteswap.com group. There were people install HID with the installation instructions for M6.

·
Registered
837 Posts

There is no such thing as a DRL bulb. Mazda6 uses the same bulb as your low beam but has a circuit that sends only 40% of the power when DRL is enable. When you turn your full low beam on for night driving, you get 100% power.

All the friendly folks from Liteswap.com group are mainly Americans which they don't have the same DRL problem as us because it is not a law for the manufacturer to equip every new car. So it is an easy swap out the bulb installation.

As me and Kincaid are both Canadian, we have to work with the DRL. Thanks to Kincaid, I will try short the wire before the wire to the dash and see if it works. I will purchase the Catz HID kit from Liteswap and let everyone know how it is.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

i'm Canadian too.....

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

how much is the Catz kid shipped here???

·
Registered
837 Posts

You better asked Liteswap that question but I know you get a 10% off discount for Mazda6Club members. :)

I don't know how much shipping is though. Plus if you act right now, you will receive a free gift. You get the Stoneguard light protector. It is very nice. I have it install on my car already but I can always use another set when it gets damage. :p

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

hieppo-when u planning to order the hids??

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'anyone got hids install yet????'

also a question for hieppo ;)

u did a sensor shock upgrade for your 6, right??? how easy is the installation????

·
Registered
837 Posts

damdam, I will be ordering the HID soon as soon as I can get some time to rip the panel covering the eBrakes out. I need to get access to the wires and try out the shorting like Kincaid indicate. If I can assure myself that the eBrake light don't turn on when I short it and DRL is disable then I will order a set from Liteswap.

Ichi, you need a shock sensor or 6CD in dash changer? I have both for a low price of $350 shipped to you in BC? I upgraded to the MP3 and my model was the GT V6 so I got the 6CD changer.

BTW, the shock sensor is really easy to install. If you have a flashlight, utility knife and a soldering iron then you can do it.

All the instruction manuals on installing the two items listed comes with it.

·
Registered
721 Posts

Shock Sensor? Uhmm... Is it any good?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

oh i htought u sold it already

anyways..yeah...wondering if it's good???

·
Registered
837 Posts

Yes it does what every other shock sensor in the market do. It will set of the alarm if there is any shock to the car like an earthquake or if someone smash a window.

I have seen it work when a really heavy semi drove by my parked car. After that, I lower the sensitivity so that another semi do not set it off again. :)

·
Registered
721 Posts

Interesting.... What's the going price on the shock senor alone? I already have Bose 6CD changer. ;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: anyone got hids install yet????

Come on, Hieppo, give me the shock sensor for $60 shipped.
nyd4eva, I though ur GT-I4 should have the shock sensor already. It's only the GS model doesn't have the shock sensor. At least it said it does on the spec sheet.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

huh hmmm i don't know if i have shock sensor then.....all GT models have shock sensor???? hmm now that i think of it....it's a option accessories in the US but in the canadian one i don't remember seeing a shock sensor upgrade

i have the same model and car as you, hieppo.

·
Registered
837 Posts

Shock sensor is an option. You only get the factory alarm but no shock sensor. You have to purchase the unit alone and install it to get the sensor action.

·
Registered
721 Posts

hieppo, Can ecsw's GS model add shock sensor? I thought the shock sensor requires the factory alarm system. Maybe I'm wrong.. what's the price? :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts