Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just curious if anyone else would be attending the Mazda Rev It up in Chicago, or if anyone else had attended a different one

·
Registered
94 Posts
Reading Topic: Anyone Goin to The Chicago Mazda Rev It Up??

I might be going all depends on if i get some time off work. Could someone post a link for up-to-date info?

-yea my first post :)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I'll be there on Saturday. 11am group

·
Registered
683 Posts

yeah me and my buddy are going...hes registered to drive...im just going to hang out and check out the cars....i dont remember what time though

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

anyone else going to the RevItUp in/chicago on June 21st?

·
Registered
468 Posts

i'm registered 21 saturday group 16

·
Registered
45 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Anyone Goin to The Chicago Mazda Rev It Up??'

I just got back from the Charlotte Rev-it-up. It is a blast.:D I drove Atlanta last weekend, but my runs were both after one hell of a rain storm. I am a novice driver. In Atlanta I finished 24th out of 769 Amateurs, and 70th out of 1252 over-all, (includes the professional drivers). I decided I wanted to drive it on dry pavement, so off we went to Charlotte. (You are timed against a professional drivers pace lap, which is run several times per day, depending on if they think track conditions are changing (ex: rain)). Anyway, and unfortunately, I seriously over-drove the first 90 degree turn on my first lap (dry pavement) and hit 2 cones coming out of it. :( bummer.... Then it rained. I ended up making my 2nd,(and final); run on wet pavement and light rain. There was about an hour left in the weekend session when we left, but I was 3rd in the novice class at that time. Final results won't be up until late Monday, but I had a blast. Scores seemed to be much lower in Charlotte than the other cities. Also note that the course will be different between cities, as they have to deal with space considerations. Atlanta was counter-clockwise, and Charlotte was Clockwise, and they were not the same layout..... If there is any consolation, I had the fastest time on the practice (driving line) course. You only get two laps on it also. It is a shorter course with a different layout, but contains similar maneuvers to the real course. If you are near a city that the competition is coming to, I urge you to go. It cost $39 to drive competitively. Where else can you (legally) drive the hound out of someone elses 6s, and have no regrets? The pic is of me on my 2nd lap. Thanks MAZDA for a great program. http://www.mazdarevitup.com/f_home.asp

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Thanks for the review. I'm going to the NYC one on Saturday August somethingth. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
6,083 Posts

I also ran in the Georgia Rev it up. It was fun and can't wait until next years tour.

·
Registered
405 Posts

What size / make /model tires are used? Did they use stock wheels?

I'm interested in doing a tire upgrade using the wheels from the sport package, so I'd like to know if they go to a 225/45/17 on the factory wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts