1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h01_136LtU

I haven't seen anyone get a chirp hitting 2nd before in a speed6. I'm wondering if this was one of those "don't get off the gas" shifts.
[/b]
Hey! It's me! Definitely wasnt one of those shifts. I'm not sure how it happened, it was the first and only time I've noticed it happening. Very lucky I got it on video, not sure if it's really good or not though. It means I'm losing traction! Eeek! I usually drive pretty easy but I got on it a bit for the video. :drive: When I shift through the gears I ease off the gas and sometimes I get a banging/popping type sound coming from the drivetrain when I'm driving hard. Not sure if other owners experience this or not. I've just attributed it to the AWD system. Hopefully nothing breaks.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Hey! It's me! Definitely wasnt one of those shifts. I'm not sure how it happened, it was the first and only time I've noticed it happening. Very lucky I got it on video, not sure if it's really good or not though. It means I'm losing traction! Eeek! I usually drive pretty easy but I got on it a bit for the video. :drive: When I shift through the gears I ease off the gas and sometimes I get a banging/popping type sound coming from the drivetrain when I'm driving hard. Not sure if other owners experience this or not. I've just attributed it to the AWD system. Hopefully nothing breaks.
[/b]
What was your track time for that run, if you don't mind me asking? It was definitely an impressive run ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
What was your track time for that run, if you don't mind me asking? It was definitely an impressive run ;)
[/b]
That track run was by P5Freek I believe. It was at an untimed 1/8th mile track. One of his early videos.

As for chirping the wheels, do you think that you possibly had the e-brake pulled up slightly. Even under the first click it will trip the sensor to not allow the coupling to send power to the rear wheels. Lord knows we have enough to power to chirp the tires when in fwd only.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That track run was by P5Freek I believe. It was at an untimed 1/8th mile track. One of his early videos.
As for chirping the wheels, do you think that you possibly had the e-brake pulled up slightly. Even under the first click it will trip the sensor to not allow the coupling to send power to the rear wheels. Lord knows we have enough to power to chirp the tires when in fwd only.
[/b]
I'm sure it wasn't in fwd mode. I've had 2 fwd cars and I wasn't feeling any torque steer or anything out else of the ordinary. Yeah that track run isn't me. Wish it was, looks great!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
If you have ever accidently dirven your speed in FWD you would be able to tell that was definately in AWD mode... if it was FWD the tires would be been spinning...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I suppose it's not that hard to believe. Think of it this way... Even if 50% of the power is being routed to the rear wheels, wouldn't that still be at least 140tq just to the front 2 wheels? That's more than enough to get a couple 215 tires chirping. Correct me if I'm wrong about how the power is actually allocated, but the idea remains the same either way.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'd worry that if you hear clunking in the drivetrain when you shift, the clutch may be out of adjustment. The only time I've experienced any clunking (haven't yet with this car), it's been when I didn't disengage the clutch all the way.

After watching the video quite a few times. You shifted pretty well IMO. It looks like Mabey you let off the gas to much during agressive upshifting, and you may do it a little too early based on where you've got the clutch during during the beginning of your shift.

Mabey I'll try for a second gear chirp tomorrow....Once :)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It's not that difficult to get this car to chirp the rear tires. If I shift from 1st to 2nd at about 5500 it'll chrip the rear tires any time the tires are cold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts