Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in DC and my street still hasn't been plowed. I want to get out and have some fun in my speed6 bad but the snow's too deep, don't have the ground clearance to get down my own street.

Anyone managed to get out and go have some fun?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Walked down your street yesterday (Nasty) on the way to Merdian Hill for some slede action. Did you check out Fort B on your street?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I did a bit of driving this weekend. Friday, went up to Wheaton. Made it up there ok (though there were a few hairy moments on 16th street). Ended up not being able to get out of the condo development (hill) when I tried to leave Saturday, so I was stuck there till Sunday when they plowed. Got back into DC on Sunday only to find my street impassible. No parking spots to be found around my area (Dupont) - at least not that I'd be able to get in/out of - so ended up driving to Bethesda and leaving the car in a garage there and metroing home. Ahh good times. Car will probably stay there till at least this weekend.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (nate0123 @ Feb 8 2010, 08:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635629
No parking spots to be found around my area (Dupont)[/b]
Yeah I always wonder about that. I'm fortunate enough to have a parking garage in my building but I always wonder about people who don't have garages and where do you put your car in this mess?

I got the car out today, handled the snow like a champ. I did come out of the parking carage to immediately find a Honda stuck in the road. I've done more car pushing the last 3 days...

>Fort B

No I missed that, or don't follow you. One of the two. I did snap this picture Sat night with my camera phone of some cars on my street. Sucks to be them

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Man i love these tires!!!! we just got hit with about 22" of snow and with all that snow out there my baby would just carve the snow like butter. When i would apply some gas to get it to spin it will kick sideways with plenty of control and when i let off the gas it would snap back in to place!!! Going up hills is a dream.

My son and i were digging out to getting ready to go to the local parking lot to have a little fun after the first big storm was letting up!!

We will be getting another 10+ today into tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Which tires would those be?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
We are getting a forecast of 12-18in by tomorrow evening so I have to wait til I get out of work to hit a nice big empty place. Gona have some fun hopefully once I get back into town safely. For those of you that know Jersey, I travel 287 N and S everyday. Gona be a ballcramper.

B

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well I woke up to about 6 inches in my driveway and a 1 foot wall at the end of it from the plows. Got all that shoveled out and made my way to work which normally takes forty mins, It took about 1hr15min today. 287 wasnt too bad, maybe an inch or two in most spots. Now when I leave at 3p today it may be the worst yet although the snow has stopped currently. Cant wait!

B

·
Registered
518 Posts
RE: Fort B

Someone on your street, directly across the street from the Fedora, dug a igloo tunnel and named (on top) Fort B. Lemme see if I can get a pic.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
3-4 inches is the perfect amount to get out and play in. I did some drifiting at a local high school parking lot on the driving range. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts