Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my M6 2 weeks ago..still in the breaking in process, anyone want to share their thoughts? also is there an easy way to change the light bulb? it seems impossible to change it on the V6 model..Anyone encounter that problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Reading Topic: Anyone from the Northwest area(WA, OR)

I've been looking up here but don't have one yet. The dealers I've spoken to aren't willing to sell to S-Plan customers yet...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Anyone from the Northwest area(WA, OR)'

where do you live? what do you mean S-Plan customer? I check around my area for V6 model but I only found one or two M6s with manual transmission. most of them are fully loaded with tiptronic shift. I'm glad I got my M6s at my local dealer with the base model..now i'm just going to upgrade little by little. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts

I live in the Seattle area and have looked at several dealerships up here. I am shooting for a M6S fully loaded (inc. automatic).

The S-plan is a pricing plan for key vendors/businesses that work with mazda. It guarantees you only pay 5.3% above e-plan (employee) pricing. Unfortunately, the dealers VOLUNTARILY participate and so far they only want to sell me 4 cyl. 6's at s-plan prices...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I guess you don't have to go with the S-plan for the m6s fully loaded...just go in and start bargining..that's what i did on my m6s base.. but at least i got down to 21k with 5 spd MT. (actually MT is kind of hard to get these days) and i love driving 5 spd because it gives you the sport car feel. I heard the AT aren't that responsive even with the tiptronic manual shift. it has 2 sec lag when you shift between gears.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I didn't notice the 2-sec lag you mentioned when I test drove one, but the lack of low-end torque makes the MT much more appealing. In my case, though, I have to consider my second driver (my fiancee) who can't drive a MT...

I am going to give it another month or two and then try bargaining if I can't get a deal on a 6S via the S-Plan pricing...

·
Registered
109 Posts

Boise, Idaho here

Just got my Mazda 6 s at the end of Feb. Love it. Not many on the road here yet.

Silver V6

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Congrats! I dont see many 6's here either.. but it's great to have you in this club! check out my car pic at this page

http://www.cardomain.com/id/masteryang

I'll upload more pictures in the future.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Bought my fully loaded 6 s last weekend. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I have never had a car that I enjoyed driving this much. I haven't seen any others on the road yet even though the dealers in the Portland area kept telling me they can't keep the 6s in stock. I will say that they are willing to negotiate on the price. There are about six dealers to choose from so there is competition between them. I had to go to all of them to find the color and all the options I wanted.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by Yodude

Bought my fully loaded 6 s last weekend. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I have never had a car that I enjoyed driving this much. I haven't seen any others on the road yet even though the dealers in the Portland area kept telling me they can't keep the 6s in stock. I will say that they are willing to negotiate on the price. There are about six dealers to choose from so there is competition between them. I had to go to all of them to find the color and all the options I wanted.[/b]

That's very nice! how much did you pay for that car? do you have any pictures to show us? by the way congrats to your new fully loaded 6s! you can see my 6s at http://www.cardomain.com/id/masteryang

·
Registered
109 Posts

Must be nice to have so many dealerships to choose from. We only have one Mazda dealer in Boise and another one about 35 miles from here (Caldwell, ID). The Caldwell dealer puts a "market Adjustment " of $1k on all his cars. I bought from the boise dealer, but they had to bring my car in from Utah.

Oh yeah, I finally saw another one here in Boise yesterday.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Nice Car Masteryang. I don't have any photos of my car yet. I chose the black, chrome upgrade, sports package. I knew it would be high maintenace to keep clean but I don't mind the extra work, I actually enjoy handwashing and drying it. I wonder if I'll feel the same way a year from now? hmmmm.. Anyway It is without a doubt, the best ride I have ever owned, (that includes a Honda Civic, A Toyota Supra, A Chevy 3/4 ton, and a Ford Explorer.) MSRP was $26,800 no dealer mark up, I paid $24.700. I didn't have to haggle, I checked out the invoice on the web and offered $500 over. The invoice they showed me (24,200) appeared a few hundred higher then the info I had from the web but the car had everything I wanted. I figured 2k under MSRP was okay.

·
Registered
22 Posts

By the way, Three was a dealer in Portland that stated they would honor the S plan, but when I found the car I wanted they told me they would honor it for the 6I only and not the 6S because "they are so hard to get". The same dealer offered to sell me the car at 1K over invoice. I walked out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yodude, yah dealer in Portland/Vancouver area are pain in the ass....they are hard to deal with..and i figure if i want the Sport package, that will be even harder for me to cut down the price, so i just get the base model 6s, since i'm going to modify my speakers and also add on Mazdaspeed body kit(when it becomes avaliable). anyway, I'm going to put in leather seat and sunroof tomorrow, so i will miss my car for 3 days.....=(

·
Registered
55 Posts

Idaho, just across the WA border, I got my 6s in Spokane, WA the first week of January.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I spent last week in Bend, Or. I saw two more mazda6's on the road. Anyone here in Bend during april 2nd to the 5th?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts