Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just trying to figure out how many MS6 owners are from Atlanta. I havent seen one since i bought mine. Starting to be pretty lonely down here,lol. Anyways, I just want to take my car to the track to see what it can do, but I dont know of any tracks down here. Anyone know of any 1/4 strips in the atlanta area? That is if anyone is in here from atlanta.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
close, beautiful columbus/ft. benning. i know of five down here.

three of us bought our cars the same day back in january: i have a black cherry mica gt, another guy bought a velocity red sport, another got a white gt, and some other fella with black mica gt & jersey plates parks by me at work from time to time.

i see another titanium gray driving around ft. benning every once in a while.

ATL & TurboMatt are up in your area.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm from/live in Atlanta. Just like you, I have yet to see another Speed6 on the road.

In fact the only one I have noticed since I bought mine in March was one in Texas a few weeks back.

Are you guys going to Zoom Zoom Live?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i'm going on the 30th @10am

i've got family up in hiram. that area's really grown the past few years. . .

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Isn't this what a regional forum is for???? just scroll down near the bottom....

·
Registered
985 Posts
Put your city location in ur profile. And just dont put atl put the actually city

·
Registered
776 Posts
I am in the Buford and Lawrenceville area. Have yet to see another Speed6. The dealer I bought mne from Sutherlin Mazda said they have only sold 3 of their Speed6's. Mine, the Service Manager son and a Atlanta Falcons Football player. They literally have 10 sitting on the lot and they have been there a long time. Sucks for them good for me :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ATL here....well, Kennesaw, heh
[/b]
yeah man, i see your car a KSU all the time, I think. Im in a silver Mazdaspeed6. Is that you are am i just looking like a dumbass.

oh yeah, this may sound stupid, but what is zoom zoom live?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Zoom Zoom Live is a promotional track event sponsored by Mazda, at the Atlanta Motor Speed Way. it's a chance to take out various mazdas on the track and through different courses timed against other drivers. you also get a chance to drive the course with a professional driver.

i missed it last year, but i'm all over it this time around.
https://www.zoomzoomlive.com/

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in the Buford and Lawrenceville area. Have yet to see another Speed6. The dealer I bought mne from Sutherlin Mazda said they have only sold 3 of their Speed6's. Mine, the Service Manager son and a Atlanta Falcons Football player. They literally have 10 sitting on the lot and they have been there a long time. Sucks for them good for me :D
[/b]
They have now sold at least 4. Picked mine up just over 2 weeks ago. I moved here (Smyrna) the week before that and have not seen another MS6 since I arrived (except for the all the ones on every Mazda lot in town).

·
Registered
201 Posts
i'm going on the 30th @10am

i've got family up in hiram. that area's really grown the past few years. . .
[/b]
30th @ 9am here.

And YES you are right. I moved out here in '91 and it is amazing how much Hiram has grown and Dallas has not. 15 years ago it seemed like just the opposite would happen. It's amazing what happens when you finally allow liquor by the drink. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went with Ti Grey sport. I haven't done any mods (unless you count removing the mazdaspeed 6 badge and hideous Sutherlin badge) and probably won't for the foreseeable future. I am in grad school and after paying for the car and insurance every month won't have any kind of significant cash on hand until I get a real job (especially with the way it sounds like we'll eat up tires and how the great state of Georgia apparently taxes cars yearly... ad valorem or whatever its called).

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
my ad valorem down here in glorious muscogee county cost me $488. i'm at 12k miles and need tires in about 5k miles.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sutherlin sucks. The long story I posted in the Mazdaspeed 6 Pricing Thread is about them!
I ended up getting mine @ Jim Ellis Marietta. Third car I've bought there, and no complaints - other than my suspicion that the salesman filled up using 87 octane before turning over the car.

I'm game for a speed 6 gathering at Atlanta Dragway once I get about 1k on the car and change the oil.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Im just trying to figure out how many MS6 owners are from Atlanta. I havent seen one since i bought mine. Starting to be pretty lonely down here,lol. Anyways, I just want to take my car to the track to see what it can do, but I dont know of any tracks down here. Anyone know of any 1/4 strips in the atlanta area? That is if anyone is in here from atlanta.
[/b]
Well I'm south of Atlanta. Another popular track is the http://www.silverdollarraceway.com in Reynolds, Ga. I'm going to the Atlanta Motor Speedway for the drag racing/car show. This Friday is the last day for this event. http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/speedw...ay_night_drags/ Going down there with a couple of coworkers with mustangs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts