Mazda 6 Forums banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's the exact diagnosis and fix that was listed on my car. It's very possible that my car served as a guinea pig for this (I'm more than happy to serve the greater good). Very pleased to hear that your rattle was fixed!

I have to say, the car sounds as it should, runs as it should, and is much more pleasant to drive without the blasted rattle in my ear. :D
I have the exact same rattle in my 6, so I think I'll be checking the striker and latch bolts when I get home. Thanks for the point in the right direction on getting this fixed, as it just recently started (12K miles).

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 GT Door Rattles

I'm hearing a light rattling noise from the passenger door somewhere close to where the seatbelt straps fit into the side molding. It happens when the tires are transferring vibration from the road at certain speeds. It's a little annoying to me too so I think I'll ask Mazda about it on my second oil change in about another month.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Right now, I'm at 4,000 miles, and I'm hearing an incredibly annoying rattle or clicking sound coming from the passenger side of the dashboard and the passenger door. Also hear a rattle from the center console every now and then, but not nearly as often as the one coming from the passenger side, which I have been dealing with daily.

Is anyone else experiencing this yet?
Not me. I have almost 25,000 miles on my 2015.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Maybe, but I do not hear it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mazda6 2016 Rattling noise

As someone who has purchased more than a few new cars in my lifetime, I find it to be ridiculous when I start experiencing rattles within the first few months of owning the car.

Right now, I'm at 4,000 miles, and I'm hearing an incredibly annoying rattle or clicking sound coming from the passenger side of the dashboard and the passenger door. Also hear a rattle from the center console every now and then, but not nearly as often as the one coming from the passenger side, which I have been dealing with daily.

Is anyone else experiencing this yet? This could be because of the extremely crappy NJ roads I have to drive on everyday, but I'd like to think a 2014 model year car would be better equipped to handle poor road conditions...

Hi, I currently have a 2016 Mazda6 and i hear like you said a rattling noise on the dash near the screen the new Mazdas have, but i was told to just drive it and like "break in" the car, and that after a few oil changes and driving it a couple of 1000 miles the noise will go away.

if you were able to get yours fixed please advise. because im thinking about going to the dealership and fighting with them to give me a new car even tho my car is leased.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I am at 3500 miles and i have a dash rattle. Luckily it is a Mazda6 with factory dunlops, so the severe wind and road noise dampens the rattle so much that i barely notice it unless i am driving within city limits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm hearing a light rattling noise from the passenger door somewhere close to where the seatbelt straps fit into the side molding. It happens when the tires are transferring vibration from the road at certain speeds. It's a little annoying to me too so I think I'll ask Mazda about it on my second oil change in about another month.
Are you still hearing the noise? I have a ticking noise near my center lcd screen that I wrote about in another thread but now I'm hearing ANOTHER noise, like a tapping against glass from the driver's door. This car ('16) seems to be riddled with noises.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been reading for 3 years now all the auto magazines rave about the interior and its build quality and being loaded with soft touch materials etc. Until I bought my 6 last week I never had the opportunity to even sit in one but I took the incessant magazine praise as gospel and I guess put the 6 interior build quality on a pedestal in my mind. I'm pretty OCD about interior build quality in terms of creaks/rattles/groans/flex in load bearing areas (door pull handles, armrests, etc).

Granted, I bought my 6 used (last week, at 35k miles) but I have to say - I don't find the interior quality to be any better than the other Japanese manufacturers. And this has surprised me. Particularly the center stack/console creaks when I rest my right leg against it - as it does naturally given the gas pedal is right there. It creaks when passengers rest their legs against it. Of course if nothing touches it, it doesn't creak, but I am particularly surprised by the amount of flex in it when touched.

Looking at the service manual, it appears everything on the console/center stack is just held together with plastic snaps and clips and slip joints - virtually no screws or steel skeleton anywhere to add strength. I'm so used to my old Maximas (I own two '93 models) that have a gazillion screws everywhere in the interior and a largely one piece center console that even after 20+ years and being removed dozens of times by me over the years is still entirely creak and flex free.

I cringe at the amount of creaking and extra flex I will introduce once I inevitably have to start removing/replacing various interior bits on this car. I was kind of wanting to hide my aftermarket bluetooth wiring under the center console and center stack paneling but I'm thinking now I better not lest I open a can of more creak/rattling/broken clip worms. Unfortunately this is probably just the way of the world these days with auto manufacturing amongst all the manufacturers - all plastic everything.

All that said, I still feel the quality is on the upper end of the modern spectrum and I don't have any noises or rattles beyond the creaky center console. Overall I would still rate it highly and I am very pleased with the car, but the magazines have talked up the interior so much when in reality it's just on par with the other Jap manufacturers (but of course a notch above most of the domestics).

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Do you have a 2015? The 2015 has a much different interior from the 2016. Not even in the same ballpark.

Sent from my Note 7 with tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Do you have a 2015? The 2015 has a much different interior from the 2016. Not even in the same ballpark.

No, mine is a 2014. I see the center dash area and console designs are slightly different on the 14's vs the 15's and up, but these just look like superficial "skin" differences to me. I can see the door panels appear identical and the dash "skeleton" appears identical. I would be shocked if the underlying structures/bracing/designs are different.

When you say not even in the same ballpark are you saying that there is a marked quality improvement that suddenly appeared on the 15's?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Nope sorry

No, mine is a 2014. I see the center dash area and console designs are slightly different on the 14's vs the 15's and up, but these just look like superficial "skin" differences to me. I can see the door panels appear identical and the dash "skeleton" appears identical. I would be shocked if the underlying structures/bracing/designs are different.

When you say not even in the same ballpark are you saying that there is a marked quality improvement that suddenly appeared on the 15's?
I was comparing 2015 to 2016. 2016 introduced a huge interior upgrade.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was comparing 2015 to 2016. 2016 introduced a huge interior upgrade.
I see. It appears my Google image research failed me and that the redesign was in 2016 and not 2015 like I thought earlier.

But nonetheless the interior still seems the same to me aside from the center dash and console "skin". Despite the fact that I initially thought it happened in 2015 vs 2016, I still can't imagine this slightly facelifted dash or center console is any structurally diffeeent underneath compared to my 2014. I mean you can clearly see it's the same interior with some superficial slight cosmetic changes. Of course I suppose it's possible they changed the entire internal structure/skeleton but I'd be surprised if so.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Well nothing around the dash or console makes any noise in my car. Sure the center console may seem a little lightweight, but not flimsy by any means. Remember Mazda's goal was shaving weight. The structure of the 2016 dash is completely different from 2014-2015.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts