Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a vibraton or rattling what sounds like it is coming from around the gauge cluster (Tach.- Spedo). It happens mostly on bumpy roads and sometimes when the engine is in a high gear an low speeds under load and when it is idleing and you rev the engine a few 100 rpms. It is very anoying.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I've noticed a few clunks or rattles that sound like they are originating inside the dash somewhere. The sounds only occur occasionally on bumps, and never from engine vibration.

I'd like to track the noises down and find their source, but I'm afraid I'd have to rip most of the dash out, and then drive the car around to try and find them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've heard it but I tracked it down to the sunglass holder, I just put some sunglasses in there and it will stop. But it could be something totally different...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I'm not a speed6, but I have gotten one vibration rattle lately. It's coming from somwhere near the driver, only occurs at low speeds under load in a high gear. The engine vibration causes a high frequency rattle, sounds like a loose nut or bolt, but I can't find anything. Does mine sound like the same thing you are experiencing?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well It occurs when I have sunglasses in there and not. I guess I will have to take it in to the dealer. I hate these little annoyances because it never really seems to duplicate for the dealer.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The gauge cluster is pretty easy to take out... a couple of screws near the top if I recall. Should be pretty easy to undo.

For the most part, my 6 is pretty rattle free... but I have a squeek (sounds like metal to metal) that is driving me absolutely batty as I cannot localize the source of the sound. Sometimes it seems like its in the back, then sometimes it seems like its on the passenger side under the dash.

And to make matters worse, it seems like I"m the only one that hears this sound. :huh:

Its very quiet but its just there enough to taunt me, and I think I'm going to go stark raving mad unless I find it. :wacko:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts