Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this should be in the electrical section but it is more speed6 related. I know that the stock fog bulbs are a H11. Why this differs from the regular 6 H3 I don't know. Anyway... this past weekend I put in my led lights from superbrightleds.com. I also changed out the front turn signal bulbs with PIAA 1157's. I was going to do the foglights this afternoon but I can't seem to get the factory bulbs out. Looks like they should just turn and align the little tabs. I turned right, left, jiggled, pulled, cursed, turned some more, and cursed some more. I just can't get these damn bulbs loose. It only turned like 1/16" rotation either left or right and stopped. Are they just tight and require brute force? I don't want to break the tabs off inside the fog housing. Any hints? Also the passenger bulb looks impossible to change unless you remove the horns. My hands aren't that small to fit in there.....

·
Registered
185 Posts
I changed mine to Nokya Hyper Yellow H11's. THey were tight. You need to turn them about 1/4 turn to get them to pop out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sean-

Were you able to reach around the light with the black cover off the bumper, or did you attack it from behind? I'm having access problems getting my hand(s) in there to begin with and the hokey mounting system seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you loosen the horns on the passenger side to get more working space there? I can't seem to get my hand in there.....Which way did you turn the bulbs? Looking at the rear of the foglight (inside the bumper) do you rotate clockwise or counterclockwise??

·
Registered
185 Posts
YOu can get at them easily from the wheel well onm the drivers side if you remove the liner. And from underneath the front bumper on the passenger side. There is a small compartment that you can open. They are tight but I'm pretty sure to remove is counterclockwise.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Looking at the light from the front (lens-side), I was turning the bulb clock-wise. It appears that there is a tab to turn the bulb against counter-clockwise when installing it (therefore clockwise for removal). Is the driver's side easier? I started on the passenger's side and became frustrated with little interest in applying the necessary effort to make it work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
jvicary243
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing