Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my new 6 a little over a week ago and I love it! My main goal for this car is going to be stereo stuff. I am a DB Drag competitor (mainly bass race....Link for those with questions) I am looking for someone who has built door pods for this particular car something similar to these:

I however will only be doing one set of 6.5's and one pair of tweets. I havent decided on the tweets yet but I will be running the Ascendant Audio poly mids Link.

Havent decided on amps yet but I will be ordering my HO alternator and a few batteries in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hmm.. if you're only running one set, they fit just fine with some 1/4" hardboard adapters. I run those mids in my setup. Unless you're just going for the custom look.. I prefer stealth. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured they would but I am definatley going for the custom look.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
what class do you plan on competing in? I've been on termpro for a while. never competed, where I used to live there weren't any comps...

I've never built door pods before, just kick panels. when I finally get around to upgrading some more i'll be going stealth, but if you're going custom grab a set of door panels from a scrapyard, get some bondo, tiger hair, and 'glas and get creative

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am aiming for the 130-139.9 class. that was the class I did in my explorer, it is the most competitive in my area and I like to actually work for things. I dont see any problem doing the 130-139.9 class unless for some reason the "6" is cursed with the same quietness of the ford probe...I do belive that car is impossible to get loud.

only real reason I am asking for pics and such is because I want to see how much of the factory pocket was kept and how high up on the door people built them. constructing them is no problem.

·
Registered
580 Posts
MIKE TROLL!!! It's Lckyrocket from ExplorerX!! The minute I saw the pics, I had a feeling it was u, then I saw ur username.

Whats up man?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
i believe both blaznazn and z6speed have built fiberglass door panels/pods. I couldn't find them when i searched though. Blazn has the only widebody 6 on the forum. z6speed has the only twin turbo v6 6 that I know of, so finding info on their cars shouldn't be that hard. I'm just not going to do it for ya ;)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump for some pictures or something. I got a bunch of fiberglass and some mat. I am thinking about going and getting atleast one new door panel from the junkyard after the holiday and doing some testing.

MIKE TROLL!!! It's Lckyrocket from ExplorerX!! The minute I saw the pics, I had a feeling it was u, then I saw ur username.

Whats up man?
[/b]
Hey, sorry I missed your post...I was speed reading. Trying to get the audio for this car figured out. I will tell you one thing, I surely miss my Explorer. High Output alternators for the explorer were around $220 (for a 200Amp) and now through the same company with the same discount an HO alternator is $370 (For a 190Amp). Damn foreign cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts