Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Sirius option from my dealer at cost. They want something like $120 to install it but I figure I can do it, and probably do it better.

My question is for the speed6 owners who have a factory installed Sirius setup; where is the satellite antenna located?

And for those who've installed it themselves; any comments or suggestions as to the install?

This question doesn't apply to aftermarket installs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I purchased the Sirius option from my dealer at cost. They want something like $120 to install it but I figure I can do it, and probably do it better.

My question is for the speed6 owners who have a factory installed Sirius setup; where is the satellite antenna located?

And for those who've installed it themselves; any comments or suggestions as to the install?

This question doesn't apply to aftermarket installs.

Thanks.
[/b]
on top of the trunk lid, on the edge near the glass

·
Registered
335 Posts
Basically any where the installer decides to put it..... When I picked my car up new, it was installed inside on the dashboard, passenger side corner. I had them move ot outside & they put it in the front on above the windshield in the center. Looks real cheesy...... I'm going to have them move it to the rear roof & hide it under a shark fin like someone else posted. Ford does a much better job of implementing the Sirius radios.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I put velcro on the bottom of the antenna and placed it behind the rear seats next to the speaker and ran the wire along/under the molding.

·
Registered
856 Posts
How much did the Sirius tuner cost you?
Looks like i will be sticking with the stock head unit for a while and i sure miss my Sirius! More Octane!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think dealer cost is $300 or so for the receiver kit.

You can get one from any of the big electronic stores for much less.

If you have a Sirius receiver already you can get FM module relay, and have perfect sat radio reception.

You could also do the AUXMOD. AUXMOD

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think dealer cost is $300 or so for the receiver kit.

You can get one from any of the big electronic stores for much less.

If you have a Sirius receiver already you can get FM module relay, and have perfect sat radio reception.

You could also do the AUXMOD. AUXMOD
[/b]
Factory system is much nicer, it displays song info on the screen etc... My antenna is on the trunk lid up by the glass like the other dude said.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Factory system is much nicer, it displays song info on the screen etc... My antenna is on the trunk lid up by the glass like the other dude said.
[/b]
Song info displays but not without manually selecting it & it doesn't scroll like the after-market ones.
I do however love that the controls on the steering wheel work properly though.

·
Registered
595 Posts
[/b]

mine is also on the top edge of the trunk lid, right by the rear window glass.

Octane is the only channel I listen to usually

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know if a mazda dealership can install the same 'factory' Sirius Sat Radio you are talking about (with HU integration, steering wheel controlls, and no need for a seperate reciever) on a 2003 6S w. Bose Audio?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yes, they can. The factory setup is designed for it. And my local speed dealerships have installed this setup on every one of their vehicles. I guess sirus is really popular around here... or they are trying to come across as really "high class"... who knows.... But yes, a dealership can do it.... Now, getting a dealer to do mods that they didn't sell your car will... after the fact... isn't always easy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
PerfectXtreme
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing