Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anybody know how to do it not by hooking it up to the car's audio?

Why i want to do this? because the seller gave me 6 days to test it out agains DOA, and i dont think i have time to hook them up now.. and besides, i have the stock dash, so i cant have low-level (although i can get a cheapo RCA wire and cut 1 end and splice to the speaker wires for input <-ghetto).. oh btw, i bought the JL's slash, so high level input is doable...

i have the subs to test it out, but i m trying to hook up the 300/4 i got as well...

so anybody knows how do it?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hey guys, anybody know how to do it not by hooking it up to the car's audio?
[/b]
yes. here are a couple of easy options:
1. take it to best buy, pay $24.95, if it's DOA charge the seller
-or-
1. connect the amp to a 12V power source, like a DC converter if you have one, or a car battery, or a cordless drill battery charger. be sure to connect the ground; jumper remote amp turn on to the 12V power.
2. get sound input for the RCA low-level ins. connect an ipod, cd player, etc whatever you have around.
3. connect a load, grab whatever speaker you have access to, doesn't need to be a sub, like old factory speaker, etc. connect speaker wire to the +/- on the speaker and touch the other ends to each of the channels on the amp, one channel at a time.
4. listen- check each channel, turn gains to mid, and crossovers to off/ full signal.
5. if you get sound from each channel the amp is good.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm i c.... so doesnt matter what input signal? how about from a pc sound card? i have the mini jack-to-RCA cable... how about the voltage? how much voltage would that produce from a sound card? cz i really dont want to damage the amps...

oh, and for the speakers, good idea, never thought of that... i have my stock speakers lying ard in my apt somewhere... ok kewl, so i'll test this out tomorrow... so 12V DC would be good.. how about from an adaptor (used for charging my alarm clock) <- max output at 12V though, do i need more than 12V for that??

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, it's right here in my apt right now, why?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
use any DC voltage source that's capable of providing enough current. the set up for testing is temporary, so i wouldn't worry about hooking up large gauge wire- speaker wire would work fine, still add an inline fuse on the 12V side near the power source.

so far as the signal, anything would work. you shouldn't have a problem using your computer, mp3 player etc. if you want to get fancy solder the speaker wires to the old factory speaker and keep it around for testing purposes.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
any big box, like BBY or CC will do a bench test for a fee, should be $30 or less. i ran an install bay at BBY for years and benchtest was a norm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
mk706
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing