Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of headlight housings off another member on the forum. I'm planning on following these directions Headlight Tinting and painting them black. Has anyone in the area completed this? Is anyone else looking to? I don't plan on doing it for a couple weeks or more so if someone else was intrested, i'd be down to have a meet at my house and do more than one set. I'm just gauging some intrest.

I got the headlight housings from Blade 80 for 180 shipped.

The tinted headlights that come on the Speed 6 are somewhere in the 700 each range from Mazda NA. (Normal headlights seemed to be in the 300-400 range from Mazda NA)

Let me know.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm not in your area.. but I've done it to mine.. its really easy.. just make sure to clean the old gunk off with a screwdriver or something.. thats all i had to do.. havent had any problems with condensation or anything..

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not in your area.. but I've done it to mine.. its really easy.. just make sure to clean the old gunk off with a screwdriver or something.. thats all i had to do.. havent had any problems with condensation or anything..
[/b]
Sweet man, i can use all the tips i can get. It would kinda suck to mess up the headlights.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
watch em so you don't melt them. set timers if you do walk away.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
When I had my VW, alot of ppl used to do this. You might check out vwvortex.com and search for headlight tinting. It's a different car, but maybe they can offer you some tips.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay well i finally bit the bullet and did the project. Someone had suggested a heat gun in one of the other threads so i tried that out first and it wasn't working for me. It was heating up such a small area and it was getting too hot even with me being very catious. This morning i wrapped them in foil and threw them in the oven. Worked like a charm. I didn't add any more sealant. I had bought some and was going to add it but while i was squeezing it, the back end of the tube exploded. Lets just say i ruined a shirt and had very black hands for awhile. Once i cleaned that up i was golden. They came out extremely well if i do say so myself. Black tails coming this week. I'll put up some pics later. I didn't take any of the actual procedure, i just followed the 6tech instructions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts