Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or does somebody know a good shop that can install a b&m cooler and eibach lowered springs for cheaper... i been looking for places around me they say they don't put on aftermarket products

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The cooler you can do yourself. Just make sure to pick up pipe foam wrap for the sharp bends around the pipe. I think on the springs you'll need an specialty shop. I was quoted for spring install at $400 if that helps

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
About the springs...the rears you can do yourself. It's not hard. The front springs must be removed from the struts which requires compression. You can either rent a compression tool from a shop or take the fronts (after you've removed them) to a shop and ask them to swap the springs. I paid $35 to have a shop swap the front springs. Paying big $$$ to have it done isn't necessary. :D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just do it yourself... if you are careful and take your time, it won't be a big deal...

A spring compressor is no big deal... Just be careful using it...

If you know anyone that has a air compressor and air gun that does help a lot...

·
Registered
919 Posts
or does somebody know a good shop that can install a b&m cooler and eibach lowered springs for cheaper... i been looking for places around me they say they don't put on aftermarket products
[/b]
I used to live in Fresh Meadows and Glen Oaks, and i think there's a station on Union turnpike and lakeville rd. that used to be good. As far as the cooler goes it's pretty easy to install, as per instructions on this site.
I agree with sexy6 that the car is already low enough for crappy Queens streets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts