Mazda 6 Forums banner

Anyboby else had problems with throttle?

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  sin6racer 
#1 ·
Ever since I bought the car the throttle has had issues. When pulling away at a traffic light, the throttle will periodically not respond, since I am also starting to let out the clutch, the car will die. I have also had an issue where there is very little response initially causing the car to bog really bad and it will take a second to pick up. Well, that is only the beginning. Yesterday I had the damn throttle stick open on me in water so the car started sliding. I am not very happy with these issues and the dealer sounds like they're going to try to weasel out of replacing it "we will see if our tech can duplicate the problem..." so has anyone else had any issues like this? and does anyone know what Mazda's warrantee says about fixing stuff like this. This is my only car to drive until I get the motor dropped back into me rx7, I don't want to have to worry about the throttle getting stuck open ever again.

#3 ·
If the throttle really got stuck OPEN... You need to tell the dealer exactly what you've told us.. The throttle in the speed6 is remotely controlled... which leaves a lot more issues to pop up.. than standard throttle cable driven setups...

For example, my car... every so often.. cuts my throttle down to 33% or whatever... just doesn't wanna go.... "lack of power" issue in a way...

Back to the point... Car isn't safe to drive if throttle sticks open.. its once thing to not drive.. or die.. its another to hit other traffic cause its goin places w/o you!

Ask them nicely... and make a HUGE stink if they don't do something about it.. this is a serious issue.

#4 ·
I know about the throttle being electronically controlled, was just wondering if I'm in this boat all by myself. Thanks for the input, I think I'm going to have to fight them over it. The service department at the place I bought it sucks balls.

#5 ·
Check your floor mat. This sounds stupid but I used to have the same problem with my civic. Every now and then the floor mat would slide forward enough to keep the accerator depressed. If its not that then hopefully the sercive department can help you.

#7 ·
no, it's not the floormat, it's the throttle response to pedal input that is the problem, not that the pedal itself is getting stuck. plus there is a hook there to keep the mat from sliding forward. Thanks for the idea though.[/b]
Just in case any of you care, here is an update. The car is now in the shop for the third time and over 30 days for this issue and it still is not fixed. apparently they got ahold of the lead designer of the speed 6 and he sent out a logging box to record the throttle, it happened to us twice with this box on there, but they were unable to find anything in the log that looked weird. looks like this car is a lemon and we now get to deal with trying to get the dealership to give us another car, this should be fun.

#9 ·
I have the same problem with the throttle not responding. It's been discussed here under various headings, "random hesitation" etc

Resetting the ECU used to make it go away for a while but not anymore. It just gets worse and worse.

I've given up trying to get the dealer to do anything about it because I don't think anyone in the entire mazda corporation knows how to fix it. I think mazda have conducted an experiment beyond their level of expertise with this car and f**ked it up totally.

#10 ·
I have the same problem with the throttle not responding. It's been discussed here under various headings, "random hesitation" etc

Resetting the ECU used to make it go away for a while but not anymore. It just gets worse and worse.

I've given up trying to get the dealer to do anything about it because I don't think anyone in the entire mazda corporation knows how to fit it. I think mazda have conducted an experiment beyond their level of expertise with this car and f**ked it up totally.[/b]
heh mine works great (knock on wood) I love this car

sorry to hear about your mis-fortune

#14 ·
why'd they have to "throttle by wire" this car?[/b]
Pretty much all new cars are going that way - sorry. Gives the ECU control over the throttle plate which can be a very good thing and a very bad thing (from a tuner prospective).

#15 ·
why'd they have to "throttle by wire" this car?[/b]
it's for the traction control, so the ecu can cut throttle without you having to let off, they should play it safe though and have a manual throttle along with it, that way if the e-throttle stick open you don't die, and it can still be used to choke the car off for traction control.

yodaddy...any relation to yomamma69?[/b]
nope

#17 ·
it's for the traction control, so the ecu can cut throttle without you having to let off, they should play it safe though and have a manual throttle along with it, that way if the e-throttle stick open you don't die, and it can still be used to choke the car off for traction control.
nope[/b]
They can cut fuel without having to do throttle by wire.

#19 ·
. I have also had an issue where there is very little response initially causing the car to bog really bad and it will take a second to pick up. Well, that is only the beginning.[/b]
DUDE i have the same FUC*ING ISSUE. its especially annoying when u need to avoid traffic (like making a left turn)
the dealer said the same thing, and failed to "replicate" the problem. id say 5/100 times this happens. not a HUGE issue. but very annoying indeed.

looks like yodadddy has a YOMOMMMAAA :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.