Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was "spoiled" with FM radio before getting my 6 (and this is also coming from a high end system in my previous car where I listened to good quality recordings often). Is there any way to listen to regular FM on the non-Bose system instead of HD radio?

They compress the snot out of the HD radio stations and it is almost unlistenable to me for some songs. Perhaps the stations I listen to have less bandwidth in HD?

·
Registered
335 Posts
On the 2014-2015 Touring model, there is a button in the bottom corner of the interface that says "HD" or something. If you press it, the HD toggles off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it

Thanks - it worked. It's similar in the 2016 model - I was able to toggle HD radio off by clicking the HD button in the bottom of the interface and then un-checking the HD checkbox. When un-checking while on an alternate HD station, the audio cuts out though and you manually must scan for the station again in normal FM mode.

On the 2014-2015 Touring model, there is a button in the bottom corner of the interface that says "HD" or something. If you press it, the HD toggles off.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I was "spoiled" with FM radio before getting my 6 (and this is also coming from a high end system in my previous car where I listened to good quality recordings often). Is there any way to listen to regular FM on the non-Bose system instead of HD radio?

They compress the snot out of the HD radio stations and it is almost unlistenable to me for some songs. Perhaps the stations I listen to have less bandwidth in HD?

HD radio is a mess and probably will die out. A few of my stations have good sounding HD channels. However, one station sounds worse than it's FM version. Very annoying. I do like the screen presentation of the HD channels better. One even shows album art - very cool. It's a shame that the HD format never gained traction and improvements.

·
Registered
78 Posts
HD radio is a mess and probably will die out. A few of my stations have good sounding HD channels. However, one station sounds worse than it's FM version. Very annoying. I do like the screen presentation of the HD channels better. One even shows album art - very cool. It's a shame that the HD format never gained traction and improvements.
The only thing I really like about HD is that some of the AM stations I listen to have HD counterparts, so you don't get that awful AM sound...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts