Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow... Never thought the heated steering wheel would be popular South of the state of Virginia... lol

I took a quick look after your comment. The Deep Crystal Blue (my color) is still available, but Blue Reflex (the lighter shade) is no longer available. And the Parchment interior was available on the Signature both last year and for '19...
I live in SoCal and LOVE my heated steering wheel! We have some cold mornings around here. Not compared to MI, where I grew up but the car feels cold in the winter.

Edit: The f'ers, the website was not USA, it was Saudi Arabia. Damn, I just lost my favorite lipstick color and now this. LOL, I don't need a 19' anyway, I'd get an 18' if anything happened to my baby. I guess it Will make the color more special, although it's pretty rare as it is. It doesn't photograph well, but I get compliments and stares all the time IRL and I've only had it 4 months. There will be no upgrading for me, or I guess I'll be importing. Maybe Puerto Rico will get it if I need a new one, importing is relatively inexpensive. Many around here are importing M2s from there. I love seeing those!

I see Blue Reflex on the website for the 19' M6. I love that color. I would normally never buy a blue car. I tend to choose grey or silver. I do like the dark blue. Blue Chrystal is gorgeous in the sun, but I really need a lower maintenance color, cars get so dirty around here. When I was looking for a new car, I saw a Blue Reflex Mazda6 at a Carmax lot. It stopped me in my tracks. My bf stopped too, he was like "wow, that's a good looking car!" It got me interested in Mazdas, I was originally looking at other cars. I got a much better deal than they were offering, but it got me started on Mazdas.

I started researching and was impressed. I tried the 3 but it was smaller than I wanted, the 6 was perfect for me. Blue Reflex is like a certain sky I remember from growing up. It was the only color I wanted. I have a BR 17' GT premium and adore it. I'll be driving mine a long time, it only has 5000mi so I guess it's not an immediate concern, but that's my color. I got upset and had to search it and it's still listed as an option. I have black Nappa, thank God and love the black headliner, I can't go back to light ones. I don't like the Chestnut at all, it makes me think of my uncle who loved his cars but was a little weird and seemed way older than he was.

I guess I have some odd emotional reactions to automobiles. Maybe that makes me weird:smile2: My dad was a proud veteran, he used to keep a VFW poppy on his rearview and I have it now. It was blowing a bit when I opened the sunroof today and I almost flipped because I thought it might fly out and that just can't happen. It was ok, it was more secure than it looked at that moment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Brightshen are you saying that the Blue Reflex is easier to maintain cleaning versus a gray/silver color? I would've thought the opposite. And I'm with you, I'm stuck on the monchrome side of things because of my conservatism. The blues and red stick out so much that it can be a negative when you're trying to blend in on occasion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
@Brightshen are you saying that the Blue Reflex is easier to maintain cleaning versus a gray/silver color? I would've thought the opposite. And I'm with you, I'm stuck on the monchrome side of things because of my conservatism. The blues and red stick out so much that it can be a negative when you're trying to blend in on occasion.
No, I would imagine it's not. I meant easier than the Deep Crystal which was the other color I was looking at. I usually buy silver or grey cars but I really like the Mazda blues and the Blue Reflex is not a flashy blue at all. Maybe that's why some don't like it, but I love it. It's not as easy as my silver truck but it's not super high maintenance either. Lost my dang key and I'm not a happy campy because I can't drive it until I figure it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the same year they finally add AWD, Mazda US decides to remove the heated steering wheel. They even promoted recently the AWD capabilities in winter conditions. What were they thinking?

I am glad Mazda Canada didn't make the same mistake.
The heated wheel is still available, but only on the Signature.

Just screenshot this off the Mazda USA site. Still shows the heated steering wheel on the 2019 Grand Touring Reserve standard equipment list. Not really sure what you guys are referring to.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,402 Posts
Just screenshot this off the Mazda USA site. Still shows the heated steering wheel on the 2019 Grand Touring Reserve standard equipment list. Not really sure what you guys are referring to.
Hmm...

I swear when I saw it before, it wasn't listed, and I compared it directly to the features for the '08, which was still listed at the time.

I'm wondering if someone at Mazda caught it and realized that it was wrong...

·
Registered
67 Posts
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a27420384/mazda-developing-straight-six/

So I think I get it now: The next gen 6 and CX-9 will get the new Skyactiv-X straight-6 for the larger next-gen platform which isn't ready yet. This would explain why they opted to heavily refresh 6 for 2018 instead of an all-new car like they did with the 3 and 3 hatchback. Mazda's larger vehicles are getting their own TLC.

This will be interesting for sure.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I’m excited for this!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer said Next Mazda 6 is coming (be patient)...maybe a rear-wheeled version (believe it when I see it). We were talking shop, so I would take this with a grain of salt (and not the entire shaker): Skyactiv-X Turbo (that would be nice), safety feature on all models (I personally read that somewhere), and of course, the next evolution of the Kodo Design Language (ala Mazda3). The fact the AWD is coming is pleasing to me...and after sitting in the 2019, I can't imagine the 202X won't be more than the side profile update to the features already in play...but can't wait to see it anyway

Some Light Reading to coincide with these claims:
https://carvillenews.com/2020-mazda-6-release-date/

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2017/12/mazda-open-awd-versions-next-gen-mazda3-mazda6.html

Favorite QUOTE: " A next-generation Mazda6 is in development as well and was previewed with the gorgeous Vision Coupe concept in Tokyo, though the all-new 6 sedan will likely arrive at a later date than the 3."
In the Carville article, it mentions the new 2020 Mazda 6 will use the new Mazda 3's underpinnings. The new Mazda 3 utilizes a torsion beam rear suspension design. Hopefully this does not mean the new 4G Mazda 6 will also use this suspension design. If this is the only way they can package awd on the 6, then no thanks.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts