Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any problem with your Mazda6 so far?

If yes, indicate your model eg. sedan. hatch; 2.0L or the 2.3L, auto or manual transmission.

Just want to find out any major problem in these current generation of Mazda6.

Usually, new production model, especially the first generation will give some problem.

My problem with 2.0L sedan w/4-speed autotransmisson:-
1) Rear window ( driver's side ) not working after 2 weeks. Ok now after servicing.
2) Some knocking sound underneath the car. Usually when cornering and going over hump at slow speed. It's not everytime that i hear the sound.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Any problem so far with Mazda6?'

The problem of my ATENZA (Japanese version) is driven to a rainy day, it is that the inner side of a headlight cover becomes cloudy. (It is not each time)
This problem continued from immediately after delivery of cars,and although it carried out new headlight part exchange, it has not improved.

How is your headlight?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

did not notice it. Will keep u update.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Originally posted by [email protected]

The problem of my ATENZA (Japanese version) is driven to a rainy day, it is that the inner side of a headlight cover becomes cloudy. (It is not each time)
This problem continued from immediately after delivery of cars,and although it carried out new headlight part exchange, it has not improved.  

How is your headlight?

[/b]

Ueda-san,

Looks like there is a leak in your headlamp housing. Happened to me in my previous car, a 1996 Honda Civic. Honda told me it was a production defact for a batch of cars. they replaced the entire headlamp housing free of charge.

Get Mazda to do the same for you as well.:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

CHY,

I did notice again some kind of "knocking" sound when cornering. And it's at a speed of less then 10km/h.

It only happen when i do a left cornering and not a right one.

A

·
0 Posts

is those only issues with mazda6.Hmm i had to diside what car to buy
a)audi a4 1.8t
or
b)mazda6
witch car i sould take.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by audi 4ever

a)audi a4 1.8t
or
b)mazda6
witch car i sould take.[/b]
Did you drive them both?

As this is a Mazda 6 forum, which one do you think will be picked?

Do I smell a troll?

·
Registered
158 Posts

Originally posted by [email protected]

How is your headlight?[/b]
It looks like the outermost hole in the headlamp assembly is not filled by a bulb. Does Mazda cap that hole off in any way? (I may be wrong here, so don't shoot me, I'm new here!) Those assemblies need to be completly sealed otherwise you get exactly what you're seeing.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Welcome aboard, [glow tcolor=blue, fcolor=black, size=2, strength=1]mpulse1[/glow]

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by audi 4ever

a)audi a4 1.8t
or
b)mazda6
witch car i sould take.[/b]
Don't jump to conclusions, Applejax...sniff...sniff...well, maybe a little bit??:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by mpulse1
It looks like the outermost hole in the headlamp assembly is not filled by a bulb.  Does Mazda cap that hole off in any way?  (I may be wrong here, so don't shoot me, I'm new here!)  Those assemblies need to be completly sealed  otherwise you get exactly what you're seeing.  [/b]
A good theory!

And welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

The last hole out is filled. It has a projector assembly in it. It doesn't stick out in pictures such as this as projectors don't require a reflective backing of chrome like normal bulb lights.

·
Registered
158 Posts

That sounds reasonable.

There are so many ways for moisture to get in those assemblies it's hard to judge what the cause may be. Heck, the car may have been assembled on a really humid day, and if the weather has cooled off it may just be the water condensing. The seal may be so good that moisture can't get out!

A while backmy '89 626 took a rock in the passenger side headlamp assembly and it took on water. I took a dremel to the hole to enlarge it a bit and took the bulb out and drove at highway speeds on a dry day to get the moisture out. I replaced the bulb and put a piece of kapton tape over the hole. That worked for over a year before I dropped the money to replace the assembly.

BTW, I'm really looking forward to the '6 coming to NA. I see a nice V6 5spd sedan in my future... Working for a Tier 1 Ford supplier has benefits. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts

Originally posted by jon

CHY,

I did notice again some kind of "knocking" sound when cornering. And it's at a speed of less then 10km/h.

[/b]

Hi Jon,

Same with me, I'm still hearing intermitten knocking from the undercarraige, especially when going up steep ramps in multi-storey car parks. (At low speed too.)

Looks like our batch of cars seems to have some problems (When did you get your car btw?) I hope our European and N.A. friends don't have this problem as well.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I just don't understand what this knocking would be...and at low speed also...keep us updated, I guess if this is a problem with an entire batch you will be called back one of these days to have some part exchanged...:sarc

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

I just don't understand what this knocking would be...and at low speed also...keep us updated[/b]
I had a similar problem once in one of my other cars. Turned out to be a small gnome who had taken residence in my engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yeah, I bet that would be it. Those darn gnomes...:sarc Gremlins are tough ones too...:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Originally posted by CHY

Originally posted by jon

CHY,

[/b]

Hi Jon,

Same with me, I'm still hearing intermitten knocking from the undercarraige, especially when going up steep ramps in multi-storey car parks. (At low speed too.)

Looks like our batch of cars seems to have some problems (When did you get your car btw?) I hope our European and N.A. friends don't have this problem as well.

[/b][/quote]

CHY,

Spoke to my sales agent. He mentioned that service dept. of Mazda, Singapore knows how to solve the problem. It's something to do with the suspension.

I'm gonna have mine check on the next servicing interval.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Finally....... a solution. Thanks. Please keep us updated on the outcome.

:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Originally posted by CHY

Finally....... a solution.  Thanks. Please keep us updated on the outcome.

:)[/b]
How about yourself?
Have you made any service appointment?

I've only drove 2,500KM. So, another month or so before my next 5K servicing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts