Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to other Mazda6 owners in Oz

Tell us about your ride, post your pics and share info on aftermarket gear.

Any Pearl pics of the 6 on the www ?

I've been searching with no luck yet.

Post a link if you know of any pics

I'll post pics when I get it next Monday (Luxury sports 2.3 pearl with the works)

:cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Any Oz Mazda6 owners out there ?'

Cheers to you too Mate!

Welcome to the club. I picked up my Silver Contrail Classic Hatch on X'mas Eve. Merry X'mas to me. Details as follows:

Classic Hatch Auto
Silver Contail
17" wheels from Luxury/Sport
Towbar
Tint

Simple and understated but that's the way I like it.

BTW there are plenty of Oz owners on this forum from Brisbane, Sydney, Central Coast, Melbourne, Hunter Valley, Wagga (I think). Anyway I can't remember them all but there's plenty of us here. Go through some of the old threads and you'll find them.
:cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts

Welcom to the forum OZperl6,

I am located in Sydney and bought a Luxury Sedan (Silver Contrial) back in October with the following:

Automatic
Mats (from dealer)
Tinting (from dealer)
Paint and Leather protection (Polaris $395)
Reverse Parking Sensors (from dealer)
Chrome exhaust tips (from dealer)

You can get a std Midas fitted chrome tips for $88/pair.

I found the ride to be excellent and far better than my friend's brand new Audi A4 although the quality of the material is not on a par level with the A4. I am getting about 10L/100km fuel consumption.

I love the car and it gets better every day :D

·
Registered
136 Posts

Hi there,

I am in Melbourne and have a Mazda6 Classic sedan in Blue Pacific. I have had the car since 23 August 2002 and had its 10,000klm service done a week or so ago.

I have posted some pix of my car at www.geocities.com/bgmaz6

MM6

·
Registered
37 Posts

Yep Mate!!

I soon be a Mazda6 aussie owner....ordered a Black Luxury sedan day after new year and expecting delivery in mid-Feb. Will only have some cosmetic mod for mine.....won't go for full-on stuff.....will keep u all inform!!

Cheers and I am in Brisbane...:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hey great response & thanks for the welcome from oz Mazda6 owners

Can you imagine a mazda6 enthusiasts club that will rival HSV & FPV car owner clubs ? I can. Anyone else up for it ?

We have something that is unique (seen many on the road yet ?) & will always be rarer than those dime a dozens. (think of the half decent resale values come update time to)

Just a pity we dont get the V6 & AWD in Oz, yet !!!!! (but we can live in hope, hey mazda boffins at HQ if you're reading this)

two more sleeps & it is mine, all mine ........ :)

cheers
ozpearl6

So Many Roads, So Little Time !

C

·
0 Posts

A BIG HELLO to all proud Aussie M6 owners.
I am based in Melb and own a lux Artic White M6 sedan since 11/02 with only 2000km so far.

This is the best car forum I have seen by far!

I have throughly enjoyed the M6, spirited driving, excellent looks and dynamics, beats more expensive German rivals anyday.

I wish to add chrome exhaust tips to the lux sedan but I want to purchase the tips elsewhere and have them put in by someone other than Mazda dealers as they will charge an arm and a leg. The lux sedan does not have small exhaust arches to accomodate the tips and the original tips are annoyingly curled downwards:( I have read i earlier replies that Midas can fit a pair for $A88. Do I need to change the rear bumper to the sports one and get the original tips straightened out?

Keep up the excellent work.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Welcom to the forum, Chanwill_au.

The Midas chrome tips that I saw will still point down, although it will have an angle cut finish at the tip (the tip-end is also rolled for a softer look). Also it can be fitted to the standard bumper. I still think the dealer fitted tip is better looking than the Midas one though. The dealer fitted one has a more chunky look.

I did see another post in the forum where are special tip was fitted for the straight look. See Here http://www.goonish.com/atenza/read.php?TID=540&page=2

·
Registered
31 Posts

Thanks Rod.

Unfortuantely I am leaving today for US on a gruelling business trip - my family are not too happy about that, except my wife who will get to drive the M6 whilst I'm away:D

·
Registered
510 Posts

Unfortuantely I am leaving today for US on a gruelling business trip - my family are not too happy about that, except my wife who will get to drive the M6 whilst I'm away[/b]
If you are able to Nugget....
Try to test drive the v6 model 6 over there & give us a report from an Australian perpective, I should Imagine it would be 1000 times better than a V6 Camry, for instance ??????

PS - Your wife will be lucky to drive the 6, although remind her to be careful when parking at crowded shopping centres.......:D !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts

Rod,

Got ya. I am renting a Hertz car and I'll see if I can get a M6.

My wife with an M6 and going shopping? I think that will be a serious combination with an extreme detrimental effect to the bank balance.

·
Registered
510 Posts

My wife with an M6 and going shopping? I think that will be a serious combination with an extreme detrimental effect to the bank balance.[/b]
Very True Indeed !!

Have a safe trip !

·
Registered
136 Posts

Hey there.

Melbourne Mazda6 owner here, hehe (Blue Pacific Classic sedan) www.geocities.com/bgmaz6

How many of you have had people in other cars and pedestrians stop and look at your car passing them by?? It seems to happen to me at least 3-4 times a week.

How many other Mazda6 vehicles have you seen on your roads? I see at least 1 each day on my 30 minute 30klm drive to work.

Last weekend I saw a white Mazda6 hatch driving on the other side of the road, and obviously it is very hard not to notice the car - guess who was driving it???? A grey haired guy who would have been at least late60s.

Finally, I was driving along Beaconsfield Pde, Port Melbourne, Victoria yesterday, and I passed a White Pearl Mazda6 sedan. I immediately pulled in front of him, and he followed me for about 10 klm - what a joy - seeing 2 6s on the road in tandem.

See ya

·
Registered
510 Posts

How many of you have had people in other cars and pedestrians stop and look at your car passing them by?? It seems to happen to me at least 3-4 times a week.[/b]
Yes, I have had this happening as well, I have even caught a Guy Checking out my car, in my workplace carpark, thank God he was an employee and not a thief !!

Yes , I have to admit our beautiful cars do stand out on the road though.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

If you are able to Nugget....
Try to test drive the v6 model 6 over there & give us a report from an Australian perpective, I should Imagine it would be 1000 times better than a V6 Camry, for instance

Yeah Nugget

Get us aussies all the independent goss on the MV6 when you're in the states.
I've heard the Ford duratec block has a few shortcomings, is this true or just envy from green honda owners ?

Have a good bday too

ozpearl6 (one more sleep & its MINE !)
So Many Roads, So Little Time :cheers

C

·
0 Posts

Thanks Nugget for the reply.
Happy birthday and have a nice trip to the US.
I was wondering if you knew of any shops that would do the fitting and supply the tips as well and the price? If you are too busy on your business trip, a reply from any one else in the forum would be much appreciated. :p

·
Registered
31 Posts

The post in the forum where the special tip was fitted for the straight look was from Europe and I am not sure where you may be able to get a similar one done in Australia.

Pehaps some one else on the forum may know?

Actually, here is another posting (from Primus) and how he installed the tips himself (see page 2)
http://www.goonish.com/atenza/read.php?TID=537&page=2
... although it does not have the straight look... :(

C

·
0 Posts

Thanks Nugget, I will try Primus' suggestion. The chrome tips look great, let's just hope Midas sells them. Cheers for all ya help :D :D

·
Registered
63 Posts

I had two young gals stopping by my 6 parked on the street, they seemed to be excited when seeing my 6:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts