Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My only complaint about my loaded 04’ M6 wagon was that it lacked about 50HP, and wasn’t AWD. After test driving the MSpeed I was having turbo and AWD envy for the MSpeed, but knew I would miss the utility of my wagon.

The MSpeed doesn’t have the utility for light off-road, and it’s something that I desperately want. . . I started screaming for a turbo AWD wagon . . . well I guess I’ll have to get the CX7. Mazda might well have a winner here when you look at how it straddles the cross-over SUV market with this vehicle. For the aftermarket tuners, it gives an incredible platform to build on with existing parts from the M6 and MSpeed bin.

BRING IT ON!!!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Why don't you wait for the CX9, it will have what you are looking for. A 3.5 liter twin cam 6.........more room that the CX7, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why don't you wait for the CX9, it will have what you are looking for. A 3.5 liter twin cam 6.........more room that the CX7, etc.
[/b]
The cx7 is here now . . . I have 42000 miles on my 04 wagon and feel the need for a change. Plus, the CX9 appears to be targeted to another type of buyer. The mini-van haulers, as opposed to the (I think I am) zoomzoom sport utility hauler. The wife is trading in her Audi A4 for a Volvo C9 (we have 1 child, a 7 year old, why she feels the need for something that big I’ll never understand). . . that will cover the people hauler family needs.

I’m looking for something fun and Mazda has been very successful at recognizing that niche at a price point that can’t be matched . . . don’t mean to sound like a commercial . . . and if the tuner market kicks into gear with the CX7 . . . look out!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The wife is trading in her Audi A4 for a Volvo C9
[/b]
Can I have the A4? Please? :love:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Same thing I say all the time about the CX-7...no manual tranny means I don't touch it...until I get much older and start finding driving a manual a drag...haha

·
Registered
226 Posts
I do like the look of the CX-7... Possibly the only person in the UK who does! And when it comes over here it'll have the same diesel engine as my 6 but the newer 6 speed gearbox. Mmmmmm. There are times I wish I was one of those people who traded cars in every few years, rather than making them last as long as sensibly possible... And it also addresses the only thing I miss from driving an old Land Rover - AWD, for when we get enough snow here in the winter on very tight twisty hilly roads to make the 6 "interesting". EG my own driveway, which turns too sharply to get any momentum up on, is steep, and has a ditch on one side and a stone wall on the other! So, all in all, I LIKE!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The cx7 is here now . . . I have 42000 miles on my 04 wagon and feel the need for a change. Plus, the CX9 appears to be targeted to another type of buyer. The mini-van haulers, as opposed to the (I think I am) zoomzoom sport utility hauler. The wife is trading in her Audi A4 for a Volvo C9 (we have 1 child, a 7 year old, why she feels the need for something that big I’ll never understand). . . that will cover the people hauler family needs.

I’m looking for something fun and Mazda has been very successful at recognizing that niche at a price point that can’t be matched . . . don’t mean to sound like a commercial . . . and if the tuner market kicks into gear with the CX7 . . . look out!
[/b]
I SAW THE CX-9 AT THE NY AUTO SHOW, IT WAS TERRIBLE. I ALREADY LEFT A DEPOSIT ON A CX-7 ( CURRENTLY HAVE A MAZDA 6)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I SAW THE CX-9 AT THE NY AUTO SHOW, IT WAS TERRIBLE. I ALREADY LEFT A DEPOSIT ON A CX-7 ( CURRENTLY HAVE A MAZDA 6)
[/b]
I've only seen the pictures and read the technical specs. Are there any cars out that it can be referenced with the CX-7 relative to size?

Is it about the size of #*&^_____ ?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've only seen the pictures and read the technical specs. Are there any cars out that it can be referenced with the CX-7 relative to size?

Is it about the size of #*&^_____ ?
[/b]
Nissan Murano is probably the closest.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I was just at the Mazda dealer last Thursday (I bought my 6i then), and the CX-7 isn't out yet. However, a friend of mine's neighbor has one already. (I drove 20 miles to my friend's house today to see it with my own eyes). They are about Murano sized, very nice looking on the inside. I'm still wondering how this guy got one, my salesman said they're not even out yet.

Of course my salesman also said they weren't making the 6 hatchback for 2006.. :huh:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yeah they are one fine looking vehicle. Is S-plan pricing the way to go if you want to get one within the next month instead of trying to haggle with them being so new (and possibly high in demand initially)?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I was just at the Mazda dealer last Thursday (I bought my 6i then), and the CX-7 isn't out yet. However, a friend of mine's neighbor has one already. (I drove 20 miles to my friend's house today to see it with my own eyes). They are about Murano sized, very nice looking on the inside. I'm still wondering how this guy got one, my salesman said they're not even out yet.

Of course my salesman also said they weren't making the 6 hatchback for 2006.. :huh:
[/b]

I saw one out in a parking lot last night at the HD that I work at

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
There's a bunch of CX-7's at the local dealerships here. I got to take a look at it in person and its really nice.

Didn't get to sit inside, but from the outside looking in, it looked very classey, I liked it. Definitely is more upscale than the 6.

The outside I have mixed results. For some reason it reminds me of a gigantic hamster.

But I'd consider one...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's a bunch of CX-7's at the local dealerships here. I got to take a look at it in person and its really nice.

Didn't get to sit inside, but from the outside looking in, it looked very classey, I liked it. Definitely is more upscale than the 6.

The outside I have mixed results. For some reason it reminds me of a gigantic hamster.

But I'd consider one...
[/b]
I went Peoples Mazda here in Las Vegas as soon as I heard that they got a few, I was hoping for a test drive . . . unfortunately the vehicle that they were using for test drives was out with the salesperson.

I went to the showroom to take a look at a fully loaded 7 but was told all they had were the cloth interior and FWD, no AWD models. I found this interesting because this dealership is responsible for putting a lot of the 3’s and 6’s seen on Vegas roads. I was told all they got was an original consignment of six.
Does this mean that they have not ramped up their distribution network . . . These cars are made in Japan.

Anyway, I have a wagon that I’d like to trade-in and I see the potential in the 7 but I was not blown away by its looks. The 6 wagon has beautiful lines and a sleekness that the 7 does not seem to transmit. It seems like it needs something (ZoomZoom looks). It would help if they had more rubber (all the Mazda’s seem to need 10-20 mm more tread width) fro more of an aggressive stance . . . it can only enhance already good handling performance.

Drive height adjustment would be nice. Can’t you imagine this thing lowered with aggressive wheels . . . Hummmm.

I wonder if all they did was de-tune the Mazdaspeed 6 motor, or if there are some pluming differences. If they aren’t, a chip might be the difference between 0-60 in 6.5 sec with a 15 sec quarter mile.

Damn respectable numbers for a utility hauler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife is set on a Nissan Murano,but ever since I saw pics of the CX-7 I fell in love with it. hey look similar to the Murano and hopefully drive nicer. We were planning on buying a low millaged pre-owned Murano this winter but if the CX-7 can be had for a good price it just might be a possibility. she won't drive a manual so having a turbo is the next best thing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
14 Participants
Xkontour98
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing