Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just searched the WWW at large, Amazon specifically, and Jim Ellis Mazda Parts, and come up empty.

Is there any way to legally get a copy of the Factory Service Manual for my 3rd-gen Mazda 6?

(Mellens.net and their manuals for my old Miata has spoiled me.)

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
The 2014 one will work for about 99% of the stuff. I never find the need to refer to a manual except when it comes to proving people wrong.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Oh yes. Between the balance shafts and lifters with boost those were a bit prone to some specific failures if I remember correctly.
Not really, done right, there were guys with 250K + miles and running 12's on the weekends on stock motors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
(I didn't say anything)
As far as I can tell, you can't even buy one from Mazda. This fundamentally doesn't sit well with me, like we're being denied the right to work on our own cars. Anybody know a good attorney for class action lawsuits? I'm 98% kidding, but seriously it sucks!

·
Administrator
18,754 Posts
pm me and I'll send you a link
As far as I can tell, you can't even buy one from Mazda. This fundamentally doesn't sit well with me, like we're being denied the right to work on our own cars. Anybody know a good attorney for class action lawsuits? I'm 98% kidding, but seriously it sucks!
Careful.

I know where it lives (I originally built the site/put it there), but Mazda sent me a legit cease and desist for hosting it. I haven't controlled anything on that site in a good 7+ years and informed the current owners of the situation, but it's their preogative what to do with it. Just be sure Mazda doesn't see you're still passing it around lest you get a legal letter yourself.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
426 Posts
Not really, done right, there were guys with 250K + miles and running 12's on the weekends on stock motors.
The best engine Mitsubishi ever made. I had the NA version in my Galant and it was super easy to work on. There is something to be said of those old 70s-designed cast-iron block Japanese engines.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Yeah, tell me about it. I have a '99 iron block / al head in my Camry... 2.2 litres, DOHC 4 valve, shim-over-bucket mechanical valve lash, novel split gear valve gearing, timing belt / non interference. I actually like the balance shaft assembly as this engine is amazingly smooth with that assembly. And I love the Aisin S51 5 speed 'box.

Not a hot rod at ~134 HP (???...1 hp / cu in)... but she works for me 🙂.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
The best engine Mitsubishi ever made. I had the NA version in my Galant and it was super easy to work on. There is something to be said of those old 70s-designed cast-iron block Japanese engines.
They had SOOOO many variations of that it wasnt funny. Even Hyundai used it for over a decade. The stock bottom end could handle 550 whp reliably.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
426 Posts
They had SOOOO many variations of that it wasnt funny. Even Hyundai used it for over a decade. The stock bottom end could handle 550 whp reliably.
The Hyundai versions were actually quite sought after in certain circles because a greater number of them had twin cam heads (mine was a single) and was a source for the twin cam swap. I was a member of galantforums.net back in the day.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I got my FSM off eBay for $6.99. Once you pay they send a link to download the file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts