Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I purchased a foglight kit for the Sport Aero bumper (equivalent to US Sport bumper) from Mazda Japan. However, quick scan of the manual and compariing to LBJay posting of foglight for non-sport bumber, there are some differences. One of the big differences is that our US model do not have the special black plastic cap that cover our holes in the bumper. The JDM plastic cap has circle cut out of it to accept the fog lights. Our plastic cap has that mesh look like the regular non sport bumper but with different size hole.

Anyway, I have inferred with the dealer overseas to order me that black plastic cap. If I can't get it then I have to get out my dremel and make my circle housing. :(

I also noticed the wiring different than the NA version as well. LBJay instruction manual has connection to the fuse box and changing the terminal in the plugs for the lower fuse box in the cabin.

I noticed SCORPION from Panama has pictures indicating those special black cap. Is Mazda6 from Panama coming from Japan? I would assume it close to NA that they get NA model. Oh well. SCORPION, if you can add any inputs I would appreciate it.

If anyone else has any insight, it would help me greatly. In general, I think it would help the Mazda6 community.

Thanks

Hiep

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reading Topic: Any Japanese can help translation fog lamp installation

Yes, Panama models come from Japan. Production breakdown is:

Flat Rock, USA: USA, Canada
China: China
Hofu, Japan: Everywhere else

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Any Japanese can help translation fog lamp installation'

First thing I see that I have a question on is, what is on the stalk that comes with the kit. The kit I got and the kit Scorpion6 had installed replaced the stalk on the left of the steering column.

Scropion6's

LBJay's

If that is a light control stalk it won't work on a US car.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

LBJay,

I don't know what my kit comes with since I don't have it in my hand just yet. Another month and I will have the answer. I just got the manual emailed to me for now. The way I see, all kit comes with a new turn/light signal stalk.

Anyway, the way I see it since Tomas car comes from Japan, I am assuming his foglight kit is JDM as well. So mine will have the double click as well which controls both the front foglight and rear foglight. I think what Tomas is indicating is that he wired his rear foglight switch (2nd click) to the original foglight in the headlight housing and the front foglight (1st click) to the new sport bumper foglight. At least that is what I want to do anyway.

One question for you LBJay, is the stalk that came with your kit has only one click in the inner ring for the foglight? If so that is what I originally comes with my version which has built in foglight in the headlight housing. I will want the stalk with two clicks on the inner ring.

Tomas? Your input please?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Looking at the diagrams on page 6, it looks like they are disabling the fog lights up top by removing the power wire and then inserting that wire into a new plug that corrects to the new harness for the lower fogs. The new harness has a ground for each side and a plug that is run to each lower fog for power.

This is about how I thought my US kit would install, but I was wrong.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by hieppo

The way I see, all kit comes with a new turn/light signal stalk.

Anyway, the way I see it since Tomas car comes from Japan, I am assuming his foglight kit is JDM as well.[/b]
Yes, but I believe Tomas's car is LHD and not RHD like the JDM. His kit may be for LHD (US style) cars.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I don't think it matter what side the driver is on. The light/turn stalk are the same design.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Yes it does, I just looked at a close-up picture of a JDM car. The control stalks are reversed. Lights and turn signals are on the right, wipers are on the left.

RHD Car

The stalk that comes with the JDM kit will not work on a NA car.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

What I am trying to say is that they are put in on the opposite side. It does not mean it won't fit into the place. I have seen Camry, Avalon, Accord here in North American with the same equivalent vehicle in Australia and they are basically the same except for the placement. All the slot and holes where it sits are the same. BTW, the foglight were ordered from Australia but they import everything from Japan anyway.

But I guess I will find out when the kit comes over. :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Yes it does, you can not swap the stalks! Trust me, I've replace mine on the 6. Look closely at the picture!

The wiring of the car in the steering column is totally different between the NA(LHD) and JDM(RHD) cars also. You would need both stalks and have to rewire the connectors for them to work.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Yes LBJay
Here Mazda come from Japan.
Two year ago I ordered to USA a set of halogen lamps for my bumper. They fit put the connection doesnt work properly.
I had to wiring.
TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

LBJay
The original Mazda 6 Bumper(not the sport) come with a close net without hole. And in Japan doesnt have halogen lamp for this bumper. Only for the Sport
TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

No Sport

Sport Bumper

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Tomas,

I wrote to you about the manual to install the sport bumper and foglight. Could you send me the image to this email account [email protected] or let me know where I can download it. I need the high resolution version instead of the one you posted. It is too fuzzy to read the part number.

It does not matter if it is in Portugese/Spanish or whatever. It is way easier to understand than Japanese. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Halogen Lamps..... Wire......Ground.........30A Fusible...Wire connect to Rear Fog Deucer Relay inside the Black FuseBox (motor)

My original control light only have one Click for regular halogen but te Kit of Halogen Sport Bumper comes with 2 click.

TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

My halogen Sport Kit came with this control

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Do you have images that are higher resolution? It is very hard to read the prints. I would like the images for the installation of the sport bumper.

Could you take a picture of your wiring connection on the car??? Is the wire coming into your fuse box and you soldered the fuse in between the halogen wire and the wire into the relay?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Yes the cars in Panama are LHD.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Ok hieppo. I will send you.
remember that are scanning copy
TOMAS

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Any Japanese can help translation fog lamp installation'

Scan copy is fine. Just scan it a little higher bit rate. 100dpi is fine on a black and white original is perfect to read. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts