Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put clear headlight 'film type' protectors on my Audi, man did they save my butt numerous times!!

Had a rock the size of a hockey puck hit my light on teh freeway at warp speed, no damage!!!

They were cheap, about $30. covers over the whole lens, and is completely see through. Self install, similar to putting on window tint (you use some soapy water and a included squeegie (sp?)) took me all of 20 minutes!!!

If there is interest, I'll contact the mnf. and see about a group buy.:D

This is the same stuff they use for clear bra's.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Any interest in ...'

I've got some on my 6 right now from Star Shield Armor, and you can't even tell that they're there unless you're looking for them. The material is signficantly thicker than that used for the paint protection part of the kit, though. I guess that's because you're trying to prevent the headlights from breaking, not just scratching. Star Shield might be a good source since they've already made patterns.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Reading Topic: Any interest in ...

The headlight protectors that came free on our Aussie M6's are pretty un-noticable... haven't had any rocks hit me to tell you if they work or not though :p

I've got paint protection too - ming - but one thing I have to query is ... really is it worth it getting protection when 2 months into owning the car someone rear-ends you? So I guess now some of my paint won't be protected anymore :p

Think with my next new car I might just not bother.
-- Rainchild

1 - 3 of 3 Posts