Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any HP figures on aftermarket add ons such as a complete CPE product (CAI, downpipe, and catback combo) or any other products from Mazdaspeed, AEM etc.

if you have please post your figures. thanks

·
Registered
870 Posts
Does anyone have any HP figures on aftermarket add ons such as a complete CPE product (CAI, downpipe, and catback combo) or any other products from Mazdaspeed, AEM etc.

if you have please post your figures. thanks
[/b]
CPE has dyno's for their CAI, downpipe and catback on their website but not all together. I don't think anyone has done a dyno of all them yet.

AEM has a dyno of their intake on their website.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I've read that MazdaSpeed CAI is 8-12hp gain. If you do a CAI i'd change that stock plastic POS BOV.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
CPE has dyno's for their CAI, downpipe and catback on their website but not all together. I don't think anyone has done a dyno of all them yet.

AEM has a dyno of their intake on their website.
[/b]
...and apparently the AEM intake is identical to the Mazdaspeed intake because AEM makes both.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...and apparently the AEM intake is identical to the Mazdaspeed intake because AEM makes both.
[/b]
Is that so, I didnt know that... why do they have different dyno figures (based on Mazda6 CAI products not for MS6) if they were identical?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Is that so, I didnt know that... why do they have different dyno figures (based on Mazda6 CAI products not for MS6) if they were identical?
[/b]
I don't think they are completely identical. I think that AEM was just the company that Mazda contracted with to make the intake.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay lets say the CPE CAI is +10hp gain, CPE exhaust system at about 20hp and the CPE downpipe goes another +20hp. Are we saying that we have an approximate 50hp GAIN for all this bolt ons without tuning needed?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
okay lets say the CPE CAI is +10hp gain, CPE exhaust system at about 20hp and the CPE downpipe goes another +20hp. Are we saying that we have an approximate 50hp GAIN for all this bolt ons without tuning needed?
[/b]
I think those gains you are listing are the individual gains per each as installed alone. If you put all of them together the hp gain will not be equal to the individual gains as they are adjusting the car's air/exhaust amounts.

·
Registered
651 Posts
[/b]
I think your statement...and the comment above mine are reasons why people are concerned about not have a dyno with all these together. My thoughts, if the gains where that good, CPE would have a dyno showing it.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
This doesn't really help, but I would guess for it to be somewhere around the 38-40 range. Maybe we can start a pool and see who wins after the results come out. Also, I don't think those figures are hp increases to the wheels.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think your statement...and the comment above mine are reasons why people are concerned about not have a dyno with all these together. My thoughts, if the gains where that good, CPE would have a dyno showing it.
[/b]
I feel you on that JoeyC

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
This doesn't really help, but I would guess for it to be somewhere around the 38-40 range. Maybe we can start a pool and see who wins after the results come out. Also, I don't think those figures are hp increases to the wheels.
[/b]
Disagree, those numbers at CPE's site are Dyno-based so they ARE at the wheels...

my 2 cents

·
Registered
329 Posts
It is my understanding that the numbers provided by CP-E are from a chassis dyno and show gains at the wheels.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope CPE or someone shows some Dyno figures for all the products they offer bolted in to see if it all adds up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts