Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well? are there? i got my 6s in August, and my buddy got a MS6 in September. it'll be cool to meet up with others around here and snap some pics. also, does anyone know of a shop that rolls fenders here in Houston, i've asked a couple of body shops and they say they dont do that. i'm looking at getting some wheels and dont wanna resort to rolling my own fenders like i did on my old car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I am in Houston also and just got my car about 3 weeks ago. I traded in my 06 3 for a 06 6. Anyway seems like after getting the car I see M6's everywhere.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm in the northwest, I try to go the monthly autocrosses when I have time. If anyone wants to meet up and go out to one let me know, they're tons of fun and if you don't want to drive your car my passenger seat is always open.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is there a 6 club in Houston? I own a MS6 and would love to get to meet other owners.

I make most of the Houston Rx7club meetings as I have a third gen as well. So far I'm the only MS6 owner to attend the Rx7 club meetings.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just say the word. looks like we got a few around here now.

Is there a 6 club in Houston? I own a MS6 and would love to get to meet other owners.

I make most of the Houston Rx7club meetings as I have a third gen as well. So far I'm the only MS6 owner to attend the Rx7 club meetings.
[/b]

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm up Northwest, I think we should take a group trip the December autocross :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
The next Autocross is December 3rd. I'm signed up already, haven't been in a few months. We can meet up on the way down if you are interested, or anyone in Houston, Austin, where ever. The location is Gulf Greyhound Park sadly, so it is a bit of a drive.

Info on the event is here:
http://www.houscca.com/solo/index.asp

This is where the entry list is:
http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx

If anyone is interested in going, let me know. You can run your car for $30 or you can ride with me for a run or two.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey guys,

Why not join twokrx7 at one of our RX-Club of Houston monthly meetings. Plenty of the Mazda family heritage at each meeting. Our next meeting will be December 5th 2006 @ Freebird's (59 and Shepard) and people start to roll into the parking lot as early as 6pm (informal meeting starts after 7pm).

:drive:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey chucky, how much is it to just spectate? and killjoy, what kind of turnout do you guys get? i cant imagine the parking lot there being that big. i always see it pretty packed whenever i go to 59 Diner.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's always free to spectate, and I would have to imagine December will be a good time to go. In the summer it's sooooo hot as you can imagine. It's a pretty neat event, divided into 4 heats, 2 in the morning and two in the afternoon. My heat is the second morning one for Dec. Between all the heats there is usually ~150 cars running. I'm up Northwest if you want to meet up and drive down together. Good place to bring the camera or video camera to :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
killjoy, what kind of turnout do you guys get? i cant imagine the parking lot there being that big.[/b]
Typically at a meeting we have between 20 and 30 cars and about 30-45 people. nice thing about meeting on Tuesday nights is that the businesses are slow. At Freebird's we have regularly filled the two rows out front with 90% Mazdas. Maybe we can go for three!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Hello,

I am in Houston as well. (SouthWest) Got my 06 6s in May!

Dont think I will be able to make the Dec 3rd event though..?

How about meeting just for kicks?

I know Houston is big, but not that big. I'am sure there are plenty of places to meet! Mall parking lots, restaurants...? Just throwing it out there..?

Question - Have you guys met up already? Or waiting for this event to meet for first time?

cman4334 -- we are close, i'm about 10 min from sugarland (59 & fountianview).

Well hope you guys reply soon?

:drive:

1 - 20 of 147 Posts