Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scoobynet has photos of the redesigned Impreza WRX. I think they look very good. Much better than the current car. Check it out here

·
Registered
26 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Any fans of the WRX?'

Wow. Its amazing that such small changes make the car look 10x better. Are those changes official, or just a magazine's pipe dream? I didn't think there were any changes for the WRX for the 2003 model year, save for a new colour (yellow).

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This is the International 2003. The US Model Year is always one year off. Our MY 2003 is everyone else's MY 2002. For some reason we have to believe we're getting everything in advance, when in reality we get everything last. :sarc The facelifted Impreza should be here for calendar year 2003 as a 2004 model, but it will be released everywhere else as a 2003.
These are not official, but I believe they're accurate. All the little details people have obtained agree with the pictures. Plus there is the scoop pic of the white sedan with masking all over it, which looks identical to the silver sedan.
Steve - huh?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

This is the International 2003.  The US Model Year is always one year off.  Our MY 2003 is everyone else's MY 2002.  For some reason we have to believe we're getting everything in advance, when in reality we get everything last.  :sarc   The facelifted Impreza should be here for calendar year 2003 as a 2004 model, but it will be released everywhere else as a 2003.  
These are not official, but I believe they're accurate.  All the little details people have obtained agree with the pictures.  Plus there is the scoop pic of the white sedan with masking all over it, which looks identical to the silver sedan.
Steve - huh?[/b]
The car looks like a sad puppy - nothing aggressive about that...:D

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by Matt Mazda

This is the real new Impreza...[/b]
The front looks a bit better than the bug-eyed version, but what has happened to the rear? Leave a riceboy alone in a garage with scissors, epoxy and some cardboard and this is what you get. Hopefully it looks better IRL than on pictures.
Then again... Impreza has always, despite its' unconventional looks, won hearts of many motorists with its' past generations. Seems like it's not so much about looks as a sportive image created by e.g. success in WRC events (not so common lately :p).

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Matt,
I'm sorry, but those are a photoshop. The headlights are lifted from the RSX, with the bottom scallops cut out. The link I posted is in fact the new WRX. this was confirmed with Paul Hansen, who runs ApexJapan. These are the press release photos. AutoExpress broke the embargo a couple of days too soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts

I like the 'fake' version better than this ugly car. The first generation Impreza's were ok, the second ones were less cool and the latest version is really ugly.. Ugly, ugliest, Vectra, Impreza.. :D

Coen

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by OppenheimeR

I like the 'fake' version better than this ugly car. The first generation Impreza's were ok, the second ones were less cool and the latest version is really ugly.. Ugly, ugliest, Vectra, Impreza.. :D

Coen[/b]
Amen to that!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

It's still a bad rip off of a Nissan Skyline GT-R R34! Looks just the same, jsut shorter and sillier.

The first ones (with the normal, rectagular headlights) was a real beauty (but to short and to high). The bug-eyed one was a design disaster... The new one looks better then both off the old ones, however I liked the blue "fake" best. Sure, the rear looked a little to high and strange, but what an agressive front! Those tilted headlights and that.. Yummie!

But the 6' i still better looking :D

·
Registered
23 Posts

I didn't want to buy old WRX because it was so ugly (but it was very powerful/good buy for the price). But the new design makes the car look very awesome, my 2nd choice if not for the 6. (my brother is most likely gonna get this WRX, he's in love with it).

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by Labtec

I didn't want to buy old WRX because it was so ugly (but it was very powerful/good buy for the price). But the new design makes the car look very awesome, my 2nd choice if not for the 6. (my brother is most likely gonna get this WRX, he's in love with it).[/b]
I would almost say 'your brother has not taste at all', but I didn't :).. The Impreza's are well motorized and AWD is fine, but the looks are always a problem. This new Impreza looks also a bit like a Hyundai (Accent, Excel, Elantra, I can't remember => not so relevant :)). And you don't want to drive in an expensive car and hear people say; 'Hey dad, that's a new Hyundai..' :D

Coen

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Actually I think it would be hilarious to change the badging on the new WRX and add Hyundai badging. Then race somebody. Can you imagine the look on their face?

I've heard the new WRX face looks like:
1. Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
2. Nissan Altima
3. Kia Spectra
4. Acura RSX
5. Hyundai Elantra
And some others that I can't remember. Poor Subaru. They try to be different, and they get blasted. Then they try conformity and they get blasted. Hopefully their new chief of design will get them all sorted out for the next iterations of the Impreza and Legacy. By the way, there are rumors that a version of the Legacy B4 RSK will make it over to the US. That could be serious competition for the MazdaSpeed 6: 2.0 twin turbo, 276hp, AWD, etc. This is such a good time for car lovers! :D

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

Actually I think it would be hilarious to change the badging on the new WRX and add Hyundai badging.  Then race somebody.  Can you imagine the look on their face?  

I've heard the new WRX face looks like:
1. Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
2. Nissan Altima
3. Kia Spectra
4. Acura RSX
5. Hyundai Elantra
And some others that I can't remember.  Poor Subaru.  They try to be different, and they get blasted.  Then they try conformity and they get blasted.  Hopefully their new chief of design will get them all sorted out for the next iterations of the Impreza and Legacy.  By the way, there are rumors that a version of the Legacy B4 RSK will make it over to the US.  That could be serious competition for the MazdaSpeed 6: 2.0 twin turbo, 276hp, AWD, etc.  This is such a good time for car lovers! :D[/b]
It really is a good time :); and the thought of putting a Hyundai-badge on the WRX would be a very cool idea.. I already start to smile when I see those BMW- and Alfa-boys after they've lost a race... from a HYUNDAI!!! :D:D:D

Coen

Ps. how does this Legacy B4 RSK look like?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Swede-fun : Leave a Porsche or a BMW M with a silly Volvo :D

Autotech Volvo 850 T5R (or just R?) tuned to 400hp+ :D A real beauty! Even more fun to do it in an estate :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts