Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience with the KUMHO Ecsta AST?
I'm considering the 225/40R-18XL 92H BSW ... $88 at discounttiredirect.com.

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have the ASX and love them, I was just running around in torrential downpours and they did great!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I have the SPT,225x45R18, and I love them. A nice tire for the money and a definate upgrade from the stockers.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I just installed AST on my wagon about a month ago. So far so good. Nothing bad to write about.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i just got a set of 225/45/17 AST's from tire rack today, having them installed tomorrow everything i read on them they are great all around even in med snow fall, so hope these are keepers!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ok, these have to be some of the best tires i have bought. for 72 bucks a tire you cant go wrong. They Ride great, have excellent handling (took the car on a twisty hilly back road doing 45, held the ground) off the line with the traction off it breaks free a little but this might be because the tires are still brand new. Little to no road noise also, and with the 225/45/17 there seems to be enough clearence in the rear, no rubbing as of yet. Cant wait for it to rain to see the wet traction and then snow.

Edit: these tires have a 400 treatwear rating A traction and A temp, the Stock Shitchillins on the car lasted me 40,500 miles, and they were complety bald when they took them off, i will keep all posted when the weather changes also, it was a dry night out tonight!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Wet Traction....Excellent!!! might snow monday will let ya know snow traction!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
good looks for the update.....
[/b]
Since my 6 is approaching 30K, I am looking at all-season performance replacements as well. Looked at Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Avon Tech M550 A/S, but have never considered Kumhos (or Sumitomos for that matter). Being an older guy, I tend to say with the Michelin, Pirelli, Dunlop brands. Any thoughts anyone has would be great. I am looking at 225/45-17 as well for these to get a slightly wider look and for better traction. Want better handling and steering response in wet and dry. Willing to give up SOME ride comfort and noise.
Yes, i use Tire Rack's site as I have purchased a fair number of tires from them in the past.
Thanks everyone for opening my eyes to newer alternatives (especially that aren't as pricey as even the stock Michelins)!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Go with these you wont be dissapointed, they are 10X better than the stock tires and tehy are almost 200 a peice. Only fluries today nothing bad, roads not even wet. but i did take an entrance ramp doing 45 50 and didnt slide at all while wet, dry i have taken it at almost 60 the tires not even squeeking.

·
Registered
606 Posts
i got these on 17's and i love them :drive:

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
no problems rubbing, i just took a trip into the bronx this weekend, had myself my fiance, my cousins and my father in law in the car, i was doing 80 on the lie hitting bumps and the car felt normal, ooh also i have two 12 inch subs int he trunk. tires are perfect

1 - 17 of 17 Posts