Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent my entire day off using clay bar to remove rail dust from my WWP speed6! I detailed cars for 6 years while I was in college and found this to be the only real way to get industrial fallout or rail dust off of paint. Does anyone know of an alternative that wouldn't cause my arms to wanna fall off?

BTW, here is the result of all my hard work!

·
Registered
884 Posts
man clay bar just does it job so well! It is a pain in the ass, and you're arms hurt like a mother at the end, but it's sooooo worth it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
What exactly does claybar do TO the paint? And yes that is a nicely finished vehicle dude

B

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Claybar basically grabs any tar or other contaminants that are on the surface of you paint and removes them. They basically get pulled into the clay. Its almost like a very light wet sanding!

Killbill, I will have to give that Surfcity stuff a try. Can I pick that up at any autopart store, or do I need to order it online?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Claybar basically grabs any tar or other contaminants that are on the surface of you paint and removes them. They basically get pulled into the clay. Its almost like a very light wet sanding!

Killbill, I will have to give that Surfcity stuff a try. Can I pick that up at any autopart store, or do I need to order it online?
PEP boys carries the Surfcity line

1 - 6 of 6 Posts