Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the early pictures I seen all M6 ranging from sedan to wagon came with the stubby antenna on the rear middle of the roof.

I know that specs for North American M6 sedan will come with embedded inside the rear windshield.

Will this embedded antenna be the same on all the model? Can anyone fortell the future?

I know that in Australia, the M6 sedan comes with the embedded antenna but the wagon and hatch comes with the stubbies. Perhaps this is the same here. I just don't understand why Mazda did not just stick with one style and stay with it. It would save money in the long run from the assembly line point of view.

Now the tough question, has anyone out there that has the M6 already with the embedded antenna tried to convert to the stubbies? I prefer the stubbies and would like to do that to my sedan when it decide to come into the showroom. :)

Thanks

Hiep

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Antenna on the M6'

Just a small word of advise:

The roof is the only part of the Mazda6 that is not galvanized (perhaps that may also be true about the trunk).

Be extremely careful if you are to mount an antenna on the roof so you don't damage the corrosion protection, this could be a disaster to your car.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Antenna on the M6'

DMan mentioned that in Australia only the Hatches get the stubbies. The sedans get the integrated antenna. Maybe that will be the same situation in North America.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.