Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my 3rd visit to the Nurburgring.

I recorded lots of laps, but they were all pretty similar, this was one of the quiet ones and I think its a lot smoother than the last lap video I posted. I inserted a speedo to give an idea of speeds on certain parts, I am forever being asked "how fast were you going there" by friends and family when I bore them with my laps, so thought that by putting the speedo on the clip, they will stop asking ! :thumb:

Mazda6 Lap

Nige.

·
Registered
232 Posts
don't take this the wrong way but i really hate you. on the other hand i don't think i could take my daily driver and run the course. now i'm off to convince my wife to take a vacation overseas.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't take this the wrong way but i really hate you.
[/b]
:tear: :tear: :tear:

My daily driver is the only car I own, so thats the only option I have. I`ve now done 67 laps and am enjoying every single one :)

Got 3 trips planned for next year, so that will be at least 70 laps in 2007.. yaaay..

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you.

I filmed about 30 laps in total, but that was the emptiest and smoothest lap I did in the dry.

Glad people actually watch them, I sometimes wonder if I should post them or not, but when people reply, it makes it all worth while.

I like the speedo too, when you are driving, you have no idea what exact speed you are really going, when I watch the speedo, I was suprised myself at a couple of corners !

The Mazda really suprises a lot of people too....

Nige.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very nicely done. Great job of driving. You hit every corner/apex perfect. With that many corners, it must take extreme concentration.
I had to chuckle when the mini vans near the end got in your way.
Do you know your time for that lap?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the time was a 9:31, but I have to say, this trip, I wasnt aiming to beat my previous time, just to enjoy driving on sucha great track.

Speaking to a lot of `veterans`, you get to a stage where you try beating your time and thats when you end up crashing, then you stop trying to beat your time, so I am trying to miss out that stage and just enjoy it.

I have now done 67 laps, after 20 to 30, you start to know what corner is next, after 40-50 you start appreciating that just because you know which corner is next, you dont know how to car is going to respond from one lap to the next !!

The grip levels change a LOT, the track is bumpy and it rains a lot so I always doa slightly steadier sighting lap at the beginning of a session.

I can say that after 2 back to back laps (28 miles), I need a break to let both me and the car relax for 10 minutes !!!

Nige.

oh yeah, not sure if you can tell, but if you listen, you can hear my 11year old son and 9year old daughter talking through the lap.

He has done 55 laps, she has done 48. They love it !!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Wow, you've improved a lot over that first video, you're taking those corners real well.

Where was that camera located? It was definitly a good spot being able to hear the engine pur like that. Great video, you need to keep them coming!

I wish they had a track in the US that the public could race on, at least near me. Mid-Ohio would be fun.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The camera is mounted in the front grille ! :)

You do get a good view from there dont you !

Glad you guys enjoy them, I will keep them coming.

Nige.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yeah, not sure if you can tell, but if you listen, you can hear my 11year old son and 9year old daughter talking through the lap.

He has done 55 laps, she has done 48. They love it !!
[/b]
Absolutely, they think its fantastic !

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
thats awesome that they're into it. good way to start them right! :D

in Gran Turismo 4 im down to 5:32:204 with the Polyphony Digital Formula Car. seems like its the only "super" car that i can keep glued to the track for the most part. i think i can manage a low 5:20-ish if i have a clean, aggressive run.

then its timing to adjust the gears and see if i can break into the 5:10-5:15 range. all using just the d-pad :D

nigel, have you done the Ring in Gran Turismo 4 at all?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Outstanding! Beautiful track and location. So how does this work? You show up at the toll, pay your money and they turn you loose? How I envy you:)

I used to take my kids to the drag strip for friday night drags and turn laps with them in the car. I feel safer there than on the open highway. Go staight and no changing lanes.

·
Registered
382 Posts
excelent! and i hate you! in a good way! ugh the ring! they need to build one in virginia! exact replica! haha

anyway, what mods if any?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Thanks for the great video and the speedo on it makes it superbly enjoyable. After seeing it, I am now hoping that one day I can take a spin on it as I have read about it on the car magazine but never knew what it is like. But after this video I really realize what all the fuzz is about this track.

Thanks again hope more videos from you on this track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts