Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife came home this morning with a sheepish look on her face and said the car has a little BOO-BOO!
She said that she tried to pass a 5 ton truck that was double parked and thought there was enough room to make it.
Result, passenger side mirror left dangling by the power wiring.
Damage, small tear on mirror housing, black mounting triangle snapped in half and the little doo-dads that the screws screw into broken off.
Removed everything (wasn't easy, had to partially pop of door panel to disconnect power wiring) and took it to buddy at local body shop.
He said, no problem, he'll use the "plastic welder" ??? and put everything back together.
Should be ready this afternoon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dude "plastic welded" the 1/2 dozen broken pieces together and reinstalled the mirror........$50.
The housing and mounting triangle from the dealer would have been $156, not painted, Pebble Ash paint not available any more.

·
Registered
440 Posts
QUOTE (xlimodriver @ Jan 8 2010, 03:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1628271
Dude "plastic welded" the 1/2 dozen broken pieces together and reinstalled the mirror........$50.
The housing and mounting triangle from the dealer would have been $156, not painted, Pebble Ash paint not available any more.

[/b]

You need a new black marker, that one is dying,lol.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I find it odd that the wiring diagram for the US '09 6 has diagrams for auto-fold mirrors (with mirror mounted blinkers) but it's an option we don't seem to have. Does the overseas model have power folding and blinkers in the mirrors? I wonder if they would fit the US 6...

~Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (xlimodriver @ Jan 10 2010, 01:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1628577
I'm sure that folding mirrors are compulsary in Europe and Great Britian.
Buy yours here......
http://www.thespeedline.us/servlet/the-161...g-Mirror/Detail[/b]
Folding mirrors not compulsory over here in the UK or Europe. In fact very few cars have them. Normally hi spec BMW's etc.
Having said that, i've got them on my new Mazda 6 TS2. TS2 is the 3rd highest spec over here with the Sport and SL models above it. Doesn't have the indicators made into them though. Only the top 3 spec models ahve got them.

On another note, are the wiring diagramsand repair manuals available for the new Mazda where you are. There is absolutely nothing over here other than the parts catalogue.

·
Registered
921 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has anyone used/bought those folding mirrors? I'd be interested in finding out how difficult the installation is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts