Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have been lurking around for the past couple of months and was not going to post until I got my car and could post some pictures. Well, it could be a while before I get my car, and I just got some information to share

I ordered my Glacier Silver M6i MT 5 weeks ago. I wanted a specific configuration, and there are no cars with that configuration in my area. Anyway, I called the dealer today to get an update. All he could give me was an order reference number. Apparently they have not even assigned a VIN yet. Great - 5 weeks and no VIN, much less a car!!

I called the 800 Mazda number and spoke with a CR. I explained the situation and he confirmed that a VIN has not been assigned yet. He said that they build the cars in batches, and that orders may be held up for a while until there are enough cars to build with the same or very similar configurations. He could not give me an estimate of when the VIN will be assigned, much less when the car will be built.

So, beyond allocations, this is another reason why it may take a while to get your car built.

Thankfully my 97 Saturn SC1 is still running fine, but the wait is almost taking all the fun out of getting this car. I know that many of you have waited longer, but since a VIN has not even been asigned yet, it looks like I still have quite a wait ahead of me. I'm sure I will once again be excited when the car finally comes in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Another Reason for Build Delays'

This kind of news makes me hesitant to put my order in at all. If they had the car I wanted* on the lot, I'd be a lot more likely to buy it, but facing a 2-month?? wait after I order it just seems like torture.

*6s MT, loaded with sport, bose, etc. in silver or maybe gray or even blue

·
Registered
543 Posts

My dealer told me that they'd still do a "search" for a possible dealer trade, and if *my* specifications were met by another dealer in the region they'd just do the trade anyway, even after putting in my order.

Might as well put your order in, CB, before the delivery times moves out so far that you won't be able to drive it during the nice summer months! I'm already looking at the end of May to mid-June for mine. At least I'll have all summer with it, tho. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts

Ehh, I've got about 11 summer months here in south FL. :p I'm also looking at the Acura TSX.. but more so wrestling with whether I really want a car payment at all.

·
Registered
611 Posts

Originally posted by mazdamarla                My dealer told me that they'd still do a "search" for a possible dealer trade, and if *my* specifications were met by another dealer in the region they'd just do the trade anyway, even after putting in my order.   Might as well put your order in, CB, before the delivery times moves out so far that you won't be able to drive it during the nice summer months!   I'm already looking at the end of May to mid-June for mine.  At least I'll have all summer with it, tho.  :)[/b]
We're looking at the exact same Timeframe it seems. 2 months is starting to become quite painful just thinking about:(

My dealer actually found a car the next day and got a hold of me saying they could do a dealer trade, but it seemed there was a mistake in the colorcode, that was agony.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Reading Topic: Another Reason for Build Delays

I have been waiting for 9 weeks since I ordered mine and the VIN finally went up yesterday. My dealer said another 3-4 weeks until delivery.

·
Registered
652 Posts

Originally posted by Count Blah

This kind of news makes me hesitant to put my order in at all.  If they had the car I wanted* on the lot, I'd be a lot more likely to buy it, but facing a 2-month?? wait after I order it just seems like torture.  

*6s MT, loaded with sport, bose, etc. in silver or maybe gray or even blue[/b]

Well, I just got mine today! (Silver 6s MT, Bose, Sport Pkg)

The 10 week wait was torture. As others have said before, I read that brochure 5 million times until the staples wore through and it fell apart.

But today, my friend, I realized how worth the wait it was! It is soooo hard to restrain myself from flooring it all the time whilst I break the engine in.

Good things come to those who wait.

Zoom Zoom!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Originally posted by Kristoff

Originally posted by Count Blah

This kind of news makes me hesitant to put my order in at all.  If they had the car I wanted* on the lot, I'd be a lot more likely to buy it, but facing a 2-month?? wait after I order it just seems like torture.  

*6s MT, loaded with sport, bose, etc. in silver or maybe gray or even blue[/b]

Well, I just got mine today! (Silver 6s MT, Bose, Sport Pkg)

The 10 week wait was torture. As others have said before, I read that brochure 5 million times until the staples wore through and it fell apart.

But today, my friend, I realized how worth the wait it was! It is soooo hard to restrain myself from flooring it all the time whilst I break the engine in.

Good things come to those who wait.

Zoom Zoom!
[/b][/quote] My friends and family repeatedly asked me if the pages in the brochure are stuck together yet.:)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Reading Topic: Another Reason for Build Delays

yeah i feel your pain...i ordered mind on the 24th of march, they expect it to be ready late may early june...:( its only been 2 weeks and it feels more like 2 years ...wish time would fly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts