Mazda 6 Forums banner

Another Parrot Bluetooth installation

7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  PurpleMazda 
#1 ·
Saw the other thread and thought I would post my thoughts on the installation. This is actually the second Parrot install I have done myself. The first was on my wife's Yukon XL. I also wanted to bypass the amp since the GM headunit puts out more power than the amp they install. So in her car I bought some GM specific connectors and built a cable that bypassed the amp and added the Parrot relay module.

This would be easier. I followed a link I found on this site to ParrotKits.com and I bought a CK3000 and the Mazda Bose to Parrot adapter. I followed directions found on Mazda6tech to remove the headunit. It was much easier than I thought. Mounted the Parrot control box under the dash on the drivers side. Mounted the microphone up high on the A-piller.

The adapter kit made simple work. Just unplug the large white connector near the bottom edge of the headunit. Plug in the adapter cable. Plug the existing white connector into the brown socket. There are two conncetions that go into the Parrot unit and then all that was left was to connect up the microphone and the control buttons.

I mounted the control panel right next to the 12v socket which is under the AC controls. A few wire ties to tidy up the wiring and it was done. Took about 1 hour total. I will post a pic of the control panel mounting and the microphone tomorrow when I get a chance.

Forgot to mention that this was in a 2006 Mazda6 4-Door Sport.

Next mod will be for the AuxMod advanced, but I am way down on the waiting list.

See less See more
#6 ·
This sounds great. Where are you guys buying your Parrot kit and the harness? I don't understand why are there two models of harness for the 6 - one is $149 and one $56??? Thanks....
[/b]
that's because one of them is for the 6 equipped with bose audio system and the other one for the non-bose.
Lucky me I have a non-bose headunit so I only gotta pay $56 :drive:

btw welcome to the forums, please add where you are from in your profile :yesnod:

#9 ·
yea that 150 for the bose kit is killing me... has anyone tried to install the non bose kit into the bose system?? i think the main or only difference is the volume and maybe the mute. but its a 100 dollar difference so i may sacrifice a bit if it's not too bad.. hope someone out there has done it!

#10 ·
yea that 150 for the bose kit is killing me... has anyone tried to install the non bose kit into the bose system?? i think the main or only difference is the volume and maybe the mute. but its a 100 dollar difference so i may sacrifice a bit if it's not too bad.. hope someone out there has done it![/b]
Integrated Bluetooth in my Mercedes was $2300! You are talking $189 for the Color Parrot and $149 for the Bose harness that is totally plug and play. Not that bad really. the question is "Does it work well? My installer said there was no harness for the Bose, so this is great IF it works....

#13 ·
Except... if you already use the port for the Audiolink Ipod connector you can't use it with the parrot kits from what I see. They both use the EXT CD port... no?[/b]
No. The Quick Connect harness simply daisy chains with the single big audio connector on the back of the radio. You unplug the big connector, plug in the harness and then connect the plug you pulled out to their female connector. It doesn't use the CD connector at all. Just write down your radio presets before pulling the plug out of the radio since you lose the radio channel settings. Reprogramming the radio took longer than installing the Parrot :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.