Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatup all!! Just purchased a new 06 Black Cherry Speed6 GT with Nav and Bose system. Yesterday my girlfriend made deliver of a 06 Mazda 5. Came out to be a good weekend for the both of us. As we both have other vehicles (hers: 06 Trailblazer SS 2WD. Mine: 07 Chevy Tahoe, 06 Trailblazer SS AWD and 06 Daytona Charger GMG (reason why I ended up getting the 6. Totally unexpected vehicle purchase. Got hit by WRX. Gonna miss my Charger :tear: )

We both live an hour away from dealership, so we played a lil bit on the highway back home. I love the ride. Sure has some pickup. I like the interior (white leather with dark inserts). And handles very nice. Got home and have been in and out of my garage trying to work things.

I have tons of questions about this nice ride, but WILL use the search function first. hehehe

Hope to learn alot here about this car from you ladies and gentlemen.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Whatup all!! Just purchased a new 06 Black Cherry Speed6 GT with Nav and Bose system. Yesterday my girlfriend made deliver of a 06 Mazda 5. Came out to be a good weekend for the both of us. As we both have other vehicles (hers: 06 Trailblazer SS 2WD. Mine: 07 Chevy Tahoe, 06 Trailblazer SS AWD and 06 Daytona Charger GMG (reason why I ended up getting the 6. Totally unexpected vehicle purchase. Got hit by WRX. Gonna miss my Charger :tear: )

We both live an hour away from dealership, so we played a lil bit on the highway back home. I love the ride. Sure has some pickup. I like the interior (white leather with dark inserts). And handles very nice. Got home and have been in and out of my garage trying to work things.

I have tons of questions about this nice ride, but WILL use the search function first. hehehe

Hope to learn alot here about this car from you ladies and gentlemen.
[/b]

Dang you must be rich, the Speed6 guys know a lot about their cars, don't be scared to ask them. Searching actually isn't that bad too, sometimes it's better to find out for yourself then hearing someones opinion or factual info.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang you must be rich, the Speed6 guys know a lot about their cars, don't be scared to ask them. Searching actually isn't that bad too, sometimes it's better to find out for yourself then hearing someones opinion or factual info.
[/b]

Yeah. I belong to a Charger and a TBSS forum as well. So I know how most feel about the whole "search" feature. lol. I dont mind finding it out for myself, I actually find out other great things while in search for what I'm actually looking for.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yeah. I belong to a Charger and a TBSS forum as well. So I know how most feel about the whole "search" feature. lol. I dont mind finding it out for myself, I actually find out other great things while in search for what I'm actually looking for.
[/b]
true that true that. WHat made you go from a Charger to a MazdaSpeed6?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true that true that. WHat made you go from a Charger to a MazdaSpeed6?
[/b]
Funny, but sad all at the same time. The accident happened at the dealership. Me and the ol lady left in my car for lunch while they were washing hers up. At entrance of dealership waiting to get out on road, dude was pulling into dealership and (so he says) his phone charger cord got tangled up in steering wheel (I guess that was more important to him at the moment) and BAM! I seen it coming as he wasnt turning much, and I tried to pull up, but there was traffic, so I could only hope he caught it in time. Nope, he didnt. Took out my rear fender and screwed up my rim a bit (had 22's on it).

Honestly, it wasnt all that bad. I just got sooooooo worked up. And was like, I dont even want this car no more. Not that bad, just get it fixed. Yeah, but I was pissed. I was like forget it (not the terms I used), just knowing that this car has been damaged and then fixed again wasnt settin right with me. After all the hoopla, went back in dealership and they said they would take it. They gave me a price, I went and looked at vehicles. Seems like I test drove every car on the lot. lol. They are Subaru as well. For what I wanted, I liked the 6 the best. I took the number they gave me, I paid the difference and now I was waiting for my car to be cleaned up and ready for delivery.

I know what was going on tho. The salesman that was helping the ol ladies saleman with the delivery said he would buy it as it sat. So I'm figuring they worked out something with him.

I was going to be trading it in anyway once the Challenger comes out. And it was about to go up for the winter (what luck I just had). Looks like I have a year or so of saving now, cuz so far, I highly doubt that I trade the 6 in.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
You traded up atleast. The new chargers are so hideous looking. Like someone bred an old school station wagon with a hearse. They ruined what used to be a sweet ass muscle car. (in my opinion)

The challenger. I LOVE the way they made it look. I heard the price is going to be up, almost, in the cost of a supercar or high luxury car though. Some guess I read in a magazine while waiting for my allignment to get finished. Usually those things are way off though. It said the first release would not be a consumer release but only a specialty release. Then from there it might become a consumer car with a smaller engine, depending on the demand. Then again I didn't even look at the magazine, It could have been an old as fuck one too.

Congrats on the new Speed6. Hope you like it

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You traded up atleast. The new chargers are so hideous looking. Like someone bred an old school station wagon with a hearse. They ruined what used to be a sweet ass muscle car. (in my opinion)

The challenger. I LOVE the way they made it look. I heard the price is going to be up, almost, in the cost of a supercar or high luxury car though. Some guess I read in a magazine while waiting for my allignment to get finished. Usually those things are way off though.

Congrats on the new Speed6. Hope you like it
[/b]
LOL. Funny you say that. My aunt tells me that all the time. How can you drive that UGLY*** thing????? lol. I didnt like them at first. They grew on me. Kinda like the 6 did. But just faster. lol. When searching the lot, I walked past it a million times. That was the last one that I test drove. I drove the RX8. It was ok. Just didnt have all the options that I wanted. And the whole "watching the oil" and "flooding" thing wasnt sounding good to me. And I didnt know ANYTHING about those cars. Just wasnt worth it to me. I liked the Legacy GT. They just didnt have it in MT. I was told for one of those, its best to get one with MT.

They do say its going to be up there in price, and I highly doubt that it will be. It'll be up there, but nothing unexpected. I didnt know too much about the old Chargers. With me, I said it was ugly, I seen some with wheels and I started to like them. Road in a friends and then I just had to have one. Had two. Started with the R/T. No kind of options tho, just the HEMI. Had leather, but no heated seats. Threw about 5K miles on it, and had to upgrade to the Daytona. Then the unexpected happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts