Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly is the difference between a tuneable and a non tuneable macfi. obvious one is able to be tuned, and one isn't. but i'm seriously thinking about getting one, and i'd rather save myself the trouble if, say for instance, i win the lottery and get headers, i'd like to be able to get all my mods tuned to work together.

or i just might be talking out of my ass.

is it worth the extra 100 bucks to get the tuneable, or would my efforts be in vain?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Get the tuneable. When they come from CPE, they have the identical tunes on them, but as CPE comes out with stuff or people have their CPE intakes dyno tuned, you will see more maps on here for sharing.

Once someone tunes the CPE intake for a certain part (say headers, or a turbo down the road), then they can take the tuned map and share it with other people who have the same mods.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Get the tuneable. When they come from CPE, they have the identical tunes on them, but as CPE comes out with stuff or people have their CPE intakes dyno tuned, you will see more maps on here for sharing.

Once someone tunes the CPE intake for a certain part (say headers, or a turbo down the road), then they can take the tuned map and share it with other people who have the same mods.
[/b]
IIRC, CP-E said their non-tuneable was spot on with the A/F ratio for the headers. Also, if someone gets a V6 turbo package down the road, chances are their turbo setup will NOT incorporate the CP-E intake and hopefully will have a more detailed tuning solution other than an A/F tuner.

Personally, as of right now, if the stock tune for the non-tuneable was spot on for the headers, I dont see why anyone would even want the tuneable one........

Therefore based on all the available mods for the car, intake, headers, exhaust, the stock CP-E tune is pretty spot on. Unless you REALLY like to have fun with your car, have a laptop and are just hardcore about stuff, I dont think the tuneable is necessary.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. i just wanted to make sure i was getting this tuneable/non-tuneable down.

its nice to dream that i'll get headers and a turbo (if/when it happens for the v6) one day......i guess it couldnt hurt to get a tuneable....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
xtmesisx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing